Replacement front hubs - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-2007 Super Duty. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are not engine-specific.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacement front hubs

I have the original front lock out hubs on both my '99 and '00. Neither one work anymore with the vacuum "auto" controls. I do not want to mess with fixing that feature. I have replaced hoses and solenoids over the years. I am pretty sure I want to just replace them with some aftermarket hubs and be done. Right now one on my truck seems to be stuck even though it is in the auto position and will not unlock.
Any suggestions on which ones to buy or not buy? I have used Warn in the past with no issues. They are pricey and I have to buy 2 sets. I have seen the G2 brand at 4WP. Anyone used them? I also want to be able to still use the factory center cap. Idk if the G2 or the Warn will allow that.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 02:11 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
You could buy OEM Ford manual locking hubs, or find a set at a wrecking yard. Mine are almost 20 years old and are still working well. You could definitely use your factory center cap with those.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

That is an option. Thanks.
I'm not sure what those would run from a junk yard or if they would even know the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
http://www.parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com has them for $105, about $20 less than the Auto hubs.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

I actually lucked out. A buddy of mine is selling his F350. He replaced the manual locking hubs with some aftermarket ones years ago. He said they were working fine he just upgraded. He gave me the original Ford manual ones. I will install those on my truck tomorrow.

Does anyone have pics of any of the aftermarket hubs with the factory wheel and canter cap? I have seen a couple of them that look like the hub is recessed into the center cap compared to the factory one. I still need to buy a second set of hubs for my EX. They do not work either. I am looking at the G2 hubs. Anyone used those? How does it sit compared to the center cap? What about the Warn hub compared to the center cap?
Thanks

99.5 F250 4x4

2000 Excursion 4x4
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Also looking at the Mile Marker hubs. Anyone know if they end up being flush with the factory center cap? Any good or bad experience with them?

99.5 F250 4x4

2000 Excursion 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Upgrades and Aftermarket - General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« 02 7.3 like new | - »