The Diesel Stop banner

06 6.0 issues ????

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  creeper 
#1 ·
My brother has a client that runs an International repair garage (was a mech and now manages the place)
And my brother told him I was condidering getting rid of my 2000 7.3 and getting an 06 6.0 the fella told him to tell me to keep the 7.3 because the 2000/2001 years were great and I should have minimal problems!
Where as the 6.0 has had many issues because of emmision problems ?
He told my brother the 6.0 runs great untill you get some miles on it then look out!!!!!!
Said to be patient while they work this out but hey this is the last year for the 6.0 and with the 6.4 comming out I am sure they will have to reslove issues with it for a year or 2

So my Question is does anyone know if the 06 will be better/have these problems been resolved?
I would love to keep the 7.3 but really need the space of the SUPERCAB!!! and will not get rid of my rig unless I get new!

I would really appreciate any input!
Thankyou

Also should say that it is not JUST the 6.0 that he said has issues
SO DO the NEW Cummings and also the NEW D-Max because of all the emmission bull crap.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, the 06 is quite safe as the 05 is I have. Be wise enough and do not buy a 07 and maybe a 08 for the reasons you noted. A drawback is that the MPG of the 05 (and most likely the 06, too) is worse than the earler 6.0 PSDs. I get 17-18 unloaded, 70 % highway.

Jim

#4 ·
If I get 17 to 18 that will be great! I get about 17 now so I would say the 6.0 having 100 more ponies than mine that is a good deal!!!!!!

Thanks

And no I do not intend on getting an 07 would consider an 08 but think I will wait for 09 or 10
So perhaps an 06 then get an 09 if not I will have the 2000 till late 08,09 man the old girl will have some miles LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the 06 is quite safe as the 05 is I have. Be wise enough and do not buy a 07 and maybe a 08 for the reasons you noted. A drawback is that the MPG of the 05 (and most likely the 06, too) is worse than the earler 6.0 PSDs. I get 17-18 unloaded, 70 % highway.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH, I get 13mpg unloaded , 90percent highway..

Keep your truck. the 05's are showing that they haven't worked out the problems yet. Stick with your proven truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.