The Diesel Stop banner

'1999 F250 Super Duty with 7.3L turbo diesel

955 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  klhansen 
#1 ·
If I mash the throttel a little I go if iam if I mash the throttel past the sweet spot I lose speed don't know if it is my throttel position sensor or my transmission

#2 ·
My truck does the same, same problem.
The throttle pedal assembly has two switches. One is the throttle position and the other is a limit switch. The limit switch is not listed in the parts catalog therefore no part number exists for that switch. The throttle position switch is listed and available as a replacement part. Not knowing the defective part I tried a new position switch ($25) but it didn’t cure the problem. Turns out the other limit switch is available but only when purchased as a complete pedal assembly which is approximately $260.00 from a parts place like rock auto. Tier 1,2,3 suppliers so no part number ever shows in Ford parts book.
I tried spraying contact cleaner on the switch and it seems to help but only temporarily. The limit switch is nothing special Except instead of a spade connector it has a short pigtail wire and connector due to packaging restrictions. This information is just my take on the parts and what I have been told. I could have been misled by bad information but this is what I have learned. There is also a chance it’s some other thing causing the throttle hesitation.
I’ve been wrong before.

#3 ·
My truck does the same, same problem.
The throttle pedal assembly has two switches. One is the throttle position and the other is a limit switch. The limit switch is not listed in the parts catalog therefore no part number exists for that switch. The throttle position switch is listed and available as a replacement part. Not knowing the defective part I tried a new position switch ($25) but it didn’t cure the problem. Turns out the other limit switch is available but only when purchased as a complete pedal assembly which is approximately $260.00 from a parts place like rock auto. Tier 1,2,3 suppliers so no part number ever shows in Ford parts book.
I tried spraying contact cleaner on the switch and it seems to help but only temporarily. The limit switch is nothing special Except instead of a spade connector it has a short pigtail wire and connector due to packaging restrictions. This information is just my take on the parts and what I have been told. I could have been misled by bad information but this is what I have learned. There is also a chance it’s some other thing causing the throttle hesitation.
I’ve been wrong before.
The limit switch you're referring to is the idle validation switch, and if it goes bad, the engine will only idle. It would not cause a hesitation at rpm's above idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.