Cruise not working. Here are my codes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cruise not working. Here are my codes

Cruise stopped working about 6 months ago. Finally itching to have it back. I did the KOER switch test and came back with this. What are your thoughts on what is wrong? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D3F3EDE-5CBB-4E5E-801A-1800C3DF6D3A_1506723578386.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	746.9 KB
ID:	116017  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 7.3L Lariat, Crew Cab/Short bed 4x4. AFE stage II intake. Magnaflow 3.5DP/4" SS exhaust. Isspro gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure) AIH Delete with riffraff boost fitting adapter, Foil delete, Muffler Delete, CCV Mod, Rebuilt HD Tranny with BTS valve body. 6.0 tranny cooler, ported compressor housing, turbomaster wastegate controller, garret high flow outlet, Non EBPV pedestal, dieselsite boot kit, Marinco mod, HPX mod, Sinister Diesel regulated return system, DP F6 tuner (60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, High idle 1200, Drive Thru) Warn Hubs, 08 tailights, 05-07 front end conversion, 08-11 rear end conversion, Line-xed rocker panels/wheel wells/bumpers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Did you cycle all the switches during the test? It looks like every switch checked by that test failed. That would happen if you just ran the test and didn't cycle any of the switches.

If you pushed all the cruise buttons during the test, then I'd say your clock spring is shot.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

OOOOOH! Didn't know I was supposed to do that. I will redo the test and post my results then. Thanks!

F250 7.3L Lariat, Crew Cab/Short bed 4x4. AFE stage II intake. Magnaflow 3.5DP/4" SS exhaust. Isspro gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure) AIH Delete with riffraff boost fitting adapter, Foil delete, Muffler Delete, CCV Mod, Rebuilt HD Tranny with BTS valve body. 6.0 tranny cooler, ported compressor housing, turbomaster wastegate controller, garret high flow outlet, Non EBPV pedestal, dieselsite boot kit, Marinco mod, HPX mod, Sinister Diesel regulated return system, DP F6 tuner (60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, High idle 1200, Drive Thru) Warn Hubs, 08 tailights, 05-07 front end conversion, 08-11 rear end conversion, Line-xed rocker panels/wheel wells/bumpers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 07:54 PM

While the KOER test is running, press the OD switch on and off, press all the buttons on the steering wheel one at a time, turn the wheel half a turn and back, step on the brake pedal, and cycle the 4WD switch. If it's a manual press the clutch pedal to the floor and release, as well. The test doesn't automatically activate all those inputs, so if you don't do it manually it thinks they failed the test.

99.5 F250 7.3 PSD Supercab Shortbed 4x4 on 315 75 16s
Front leveling springs, Hutch and Harpoon mods, A pillar 3 gauge pod with DiPricol Trans, Boost and EGT, Scangauge II, CNC Fab HPOP and HPX lines, Riffraff FRX, 2004 Heated and Lighted mirrors
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Extremely delayed response here as life is crazy, but I finally went back and did the KOER switch test and this time I actually pushed all the switches haha.

I did this test a couple dozen times just to compare the results and they were hardly consistent. Relating to the cruise control, the CRUISE ON failed and the Brake Position Switch Failed....however, not every time. The Brake position switch failed more often that the Cruise on. Am I doing something wrong that gives me these inconsistencies?

I don't know if this is related but now that's it's getting colder, my truck went into high idle the other day and when I depressed the brake it went back down to normal idle like it should. Does that mean the brake position switch is working properly or is that totally different from cruise?

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:00 AM

check brake switch on end of master cylinder under hood also harness and fuse if it has it my switch went bad replaced switch cruise started working on my early 99
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

I can NOT solve my cruise control issue. I have swapped out every possible sensor that I read about including...

Master cylinder brake switch
Master cylinder pressure switch
Brake pedal switch
Clock spring
The cruise buttons themselves
Transmission Range sensor

Nothing has made my cruise work again. The only sensor that I swapped out and then swapped back after it didn't fix the problem is the brake pedal switch so I guess I can try a new one again since I've done the clock spring and buttons since that. I suppose there could be more than one faulty sensor but ****! Is there ANYTHING that I'm missing here? This has me so frustrated

Last edited by itorchedparis; 05-18-2018 at 08:04 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:32 PM

My Photos: (180)
The one thing that kind of hides in the woodwork as far as cruise control working is the parking brake switch. It's not documented well in the service manual. If yours is hung up and the brake indicator light is burnt out that would explain why the cruise doesn't work. I believe the KOER switch test will also check the parking brake switch, but if not, you can bring up that PID with AutoEnginuity and cycle the switch to see if the PCM can see it change state from on to off (1 or zero on the screen).

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 10:07 PM

Can't you run a diagnostic with AE?
Well, at least see if the button are working through the pcm.
Tunes?
Running any LEDs? High mount brake light working?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in