Differences in Fuel by company? Texaco, Shell, etc.? Am I nuts? - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 05:53 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Differences in Fuel by company? Texaco, Shell, etc.? Am I nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You telling us that that magic elixir is 18% better than anybody else's, and gives 18% more mileage? #2 oil is #2 oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE, Bet you didn't expect that did you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

BUT, it does make my truck run better, gives me a little more power & Costs the same or LESS than the other Name Brand Stations in the area [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] And the fuel is is very fresh, there is a tanker there at least two - three time a week. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] So I get my fuel there or the Co-Op that is 45 cetane and sells LOTS of fuel also. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Wayne B

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me, especially the part about price and freshness. There's no magic about this stuff. Clean air, oil, and fuel leads to a long happy life.

'05 F-350 PSD 4x4 CC SB SRW Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (14)

Well, maybe Im crazy AGAIN but my gas rig wont run well on BP at all.
Runs best on Union76, followed by Texaco, then chevron, and wont run worth a crap on BP. It seems to lose power on Shell and coats the plugs with light brown junk.. Its a touchy builtup cheby mouse motor.

2001 F-350 Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,4X4,Auto,7.3,2"lift,KYBs, 3.73, steel oil x-over, aFe Stage II Pro 7, AirCond mod, Fumoto, DP 60,80,100. AIH Delete, hi-lite/fog-lite on mod. CNC HPOP hoses. 360 degree illumination six light LED system for backup, fog and sides. Dead bird in grill. Part of finger in new ball joint nut. (really!)
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 PM

My Photos: (9)

[ QUOTE ]
They send the batches of fuel premium, regular no lead, etc through the same pipe line and to different brand tank farms here. The tank farms are all grouped together to use the same pipelines.
Additives are stored in their own tanks and added when loading onto the trucks.
One thing you have to watch, in our area are the gas stations, marts, etc run by Asians and Indians.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same for Atlanta. In Doraville, GA there is a tank farm that supplies all of the metro area. If you are over there you will see a BP, QT, Petro, Pilot, Shell, Flyin J, and the no name tankers that haul fuel out of there. I buy my diesel at the places that sell the most fuel so you get the freshest fuel possible. My 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 XL Crew cab, manual 4x4, 6.4L, Job 3, TorqueShift, w/ Decor group, Camper Pkg, Off Road Pkg, LWB, Power Equipment Group, Tow Command, Knapheide Utility Bed with sliding top. Built 2/5/2008 & Purchased 9-1-08

08B07 Flash 1-16-09
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs 3-20-09
Radiator (end cap leak) @ 34,100 miles 11-19-09
11B23 PCM Recalibration 4-11-11
Hydroboost Replacement (leaking Power Steering Fluid) @ 82,866 miles 7/25/11
Upper & Lower Hoses (new design) @ 90,000 miles 11/10/11
Break Pressure switch (cruise control failure) 99,300 miles 3-13-12
New BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires after 101,400 miles on the original
BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires 3-27-12
New Batteries after an original boiled over at 105,300 miles 5-13-12
Fuel Pump Replaced (frame rail) 131,534 miles 4-5-13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 01:51 AM

My Photos: (6)

I've always tried to run BP or Amoco fuel in my trucks. Even if it cost an extra 3-4 cents per gallon. What's that going to cost me? An extra dollar? Money well spent.

They just put in a diesel island at the Wal-Mart. Ofcourse their fuel is the cheapest in town. But I still fight myself not to pay for that water.

I drove a '95 F250 Powerstroke for 130K miles. I would say it had BP/Amoco fuel in it 90% of the time. I only changed the fuel filter in that thing twice. And one of those was just because I suspected the O-ring was leaking. Amoco fuel is premium stuff, and I don't mind saying that to anyone.

--------------
2012 F350 C&C CC 4WD XLT PSD Auto 3.73 open rear. The Ghost Truck

2004 F350 SRW Lariat CC LWB FX4 6.0 6spd 3.73 LS, weighs #8040 wet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD @ 78K

2005 F350 C&C CC 4WD XLT PSD Auto 3.73 open rear. SOLD. Good riddance.

2000 F350 SC C&C XLT 6 spd PSD 4.11 rear. SOLD @80K
1995 F250 XLT PSD SC Auto. 3.55 rear end. SOLD @ 149K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in