Does a factory F450/550 Pickup truck exist from 1999-2007? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does a factory F450/550 Pickup truck exist from 1999-2007?

Many have told me that they made them, but the only information I can find indicates that any that exist are conversions.

I purchased a 2000 F450 crew cab and chassis truck last year and we converted it to a pickup using a bed I found at a local truck part place. The bed appears to be a factory bed, but the wheel wells are moved 3" back as compared to an F350 bed. This was to accommodate the additional 3" distance between the cab and the center-line of the axle. The bed was in factory primer, so it could have been a prototype.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone can verify that such an animal was really made by Ford.

Last edited by fryguy; 12-29-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

I should add that there was still fabrication necessary to use this bed, it definitely wasn't a "bolt on" modification.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Factory F450 pickups exist in DRW. Factory F550 pickups have never existed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM

My Photos: (1)
Your 2000 F450 is a C&C , mannington was installing Ford Factory DRW bed on those and F550 C&C . The wheel wells are in the stock locations.
Modifications where made to the cross members of the bottom of the bed to accommodate the flat bed rails of the C&C frame rails. The also added an extension to the front of the bed to close up the gap left by the additional wheel base of the C&C vs the pick up wheel base.

Sounds like you may have picked up a "custom " made bed. So after market up fitter companies where and are making these for these for our trucks.

And, yes you can buy a new from Ford F450 or F550 C&C pick up.
These beds are still made.

Mongus rigs;
1992 F-Superduty Dump truck 7.3 - Luk SMF 5spd 5:13 rears-Ricksons 19.5 wheels & tires-Banks get kits.
This is my work hoarse !

2000 F550 - Crew cab -Custom Hood
Harley Flamed Fenders & Doors.
4x4-7.3 - South Bend 6spd 4:88 rears. Loaded ! Volant intake
Hog Performance 4" SS exhaust
Banks wheel, turbine, exhaust brake-Ceramic coated
AFE Blade Runner Spyder
Strickley Diesel Return Fuel & Banjo Bolts
IH up pipes - ceramic coated
Powder coated everything.
Brake Performance-slotted & dimpled rotors with performance pads
DP Tuner 80 Tow
Coolant filter system
Evens Coolant
203 thermostat
Bullet Liner coated Dana 60 front end

2008 F-350 Harley Davidson Crew cab - long bed - 6.4 - Banks-Six gun-Air intake-IQ-Dual Exhaust

2004 Pace American 28' x 9' x 8' enclosed work trailer. 18k GVW. Tri axle - loaded

Custom Built Roll -Off dump trailer. 17yard box. Double dual axles. 20k GVW.

Fully decked 2003 Anni Fat Boy.
Rare "Reaper Tins"

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
Factory F450 pickups exist in DRW. Factory F550 pickups have never existed.
I know they exist now, and have since 2008, but 99-2007??

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
Your 2000 F450 is a C&C , mannington was installing Ford Factory DRW bed on those and F550 C&C . The wheel wells are in the stock locations.
Modifications where made to the cross members of the bottom of the bed to accommodate the flat bed rails of the C&C frame rails. The also added an extension to the front of the bed to close up the gap left by the additional wheel base of the C&C vs the pick up wheel base.

Sounds like you may have picked up a "custom " made bed. So after market up fitter companies where and are making these for these for our trucks.

And, yes you can buy a new from Ford F450 or F550 C&C pick up.
These beds are still made.

Yeah I did hear or those conversions. I thought the filler piece would look kind of tacky, so I was very glad to find the bed that I did. It may have been custom made I guess, but it looks like it may have been prototype.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in