Michelin tire load/inflation tables - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michelin tire load/inflation tables

Michelin hid them really good. But with persistence you can find them for stock-size tires - 235/85R16E, 265/75R16E, 245/70R17E, 265/70R17E, and several sizes of 19.5" tires for F-450/F-550.

http://www.michelintruck.com/micheli.../Reference.jsp - then click on “Truck Tire/Lt. Truck Data Book", then on "load/inflation tables"

Firestone/Bridgestone load inflation tables are at http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/technical/index.asp

The simple Goodyear chart for the pickup tires them make is at:

http://www.goodyear.com/truck/pdf/LoadInflLTMetric.pdf

And the more-complete Goodyear chart is at:
http://www.goodyear.com/truck/pdf/da...dInflation.pdf

Note that the load/inflation charts for various manufacturers will be identical for the same size tire. That's because the data are originally developed and published by the Tire and Rim Association - not the tire manufacturers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 AM

My Photos: (0)
Re: Michelin tire load/inflation tables

Thanks for the great information, Smokey. Any idea where one could find the same for the 275/70 R 18 Continentals that come on 2005 F350s? Does the Tire and Rim Association publish something if Continental doesn't? Just yesterday, before I saw your thread, I called Continental Customer Service and had them simply quote me the max inflation, so their customer service is not clued into the idea of an inflation table.

I looked at the Bridgestone, Michelin, and Goodyear tables from the links you posted hoping that one of them made a 275/70 R18, but no luck.

I've been running around with pretty close to max tire pressure (aired 'em up for towing my GN horse trailer, which had me at 200lbs under GVWR). When I'm empty I (and probably a lot of other 18" owners) would like to run the right pressure for better ride and tire wear, but I wasn't going to guess at the right empty pressure!

2005 F350 CC LB SRW 4x4 XL V10 4.10 TowCommand White/Grey LineX/BW Turnover/HuperOptik tint
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea where one could find the same for the 275/70 R 18 Continentals that come on 2005 F350s?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not exactly. Continental (General Tire) puts the load/inflation table for their truck tires on their website = Click here - but that doesn't include the 18" light-truck tires.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Tire and Rim Association publish something if Continental doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But you have to be a member to order the book that has it in it, and the book (yearbook) is not cheap. http://www.us-tra.org/traHome.htm

There is another source for non-members where you buy a similar yearbood for $16, but I don't know how good it is: http://www.tireguides.com/catalog01.html

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at the Bridgestone, Michelin, and Goodyear tables from the links you posted hoping that one of them made a 275/70 R18, but no luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use substitution and come up with very close to the load inflation table for your tire. Just find a tire that has the same max load at the same max PSI, and use it. Your tire has a max load of 3,640 pounds at max 80 PSI.

If you can't find a table for a tire that has a max load of 3,640 @ 80 PSI, then use one with a max load of 3,415 @ 80 PSI. There are lots of those available. Using that chart, you will be slightly over-inflated, but slightly over inflation is good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I've been running around with pretty close to max tire pressure ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're probably WAY over-inflated - and wearing out the center of the tread plus putting up with a harsher ride.

Use the load/inflation table for a Goodyear LT265/75R16E until you can get your hands on the TireGuide mentioned above. You'll like the ride (and the tire wear) a lot better. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Just wanted to thank you for the great post SmokeyWren. Thanks for collecting the tables for everyone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ryan Arthur

2000 F350 7.3 CC LB DRW 4x4 4R100 4.10 Lariat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ISSPRO gauges, DIY Tymar, straight piped, ITP boost regulator and tee, ATS ported housing, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, DP-Tuner flip chip, BTS valve body |||
taillights/running boards/mirrors/rear, side lights wired as turn signals, upgraded headlight harness w/ Xtravisions,
|||
no more dingers, newer cupholder, fumoto, C-Betrs, locking fuel cap, mud flaps, wannabe air horn, Line-X, behind-seat storage shelf, intercooler foil wrap removed, SS HPX

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:38 PM

Thanks, Smokey! Those sources are great. I printed a copy of the Michelin tables for the size you indicated and keep a copy in my glovebox now. Using the tables, I aired the fronts down to 45 and the rears to 40 for empty running. When loaded I'll put the rears up to 65-80 depending on the load, and not touch the fronts.

2005 F350 CC LB SRW 4x4 XL V10 4.10 TowCommand White/Grey LineX/BW Turnover/HuperOptik tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in