The Diesel Stop banner

Passenger Window problem

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael C. Kennedy 
#1 ·
The passenger side window will roll down only from the passenger side, not up. Drivers side switch does nothing for it. This happened all at once. It moves smoothly down. I have the door panel removed and would like to roll it up. Question? Can I put a lead from the neg and POS battery terminal to each wire in an attempt to get it up. It is snowing hard.

#2 ·
The switch just changes polarity on the motor, so if you can roll it down, the motor is working.
Have you tried the passenger side door switch as well as the driver's side switch?
Most likely the switch is an issue.

You should be able to hot-wire the motor like you're thinking to get the window rolled up.

By the way, today was in the 50's and sunny here in Alaska. T-shirt weather. :smile2:

#4 ·
So... I replaced the switch in the passenger door and nothing changed. I can still only roll it down not up from the passengers side. The drivers side switch for that WinDow does nothing. Any thoughts? I'm not sure how to jump the drivers side switch but I have it apart. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
I am stumped. Using a test light right at the 2 wires on the motor shows power on 1 wire when pusing up, the other wire lights up when I press down. I have the test light grounded to the battery. The Window will still only go down from the passenger switch. Both switches are new, I don't see any obvious wires damaged.... Help please. What else can I try? I tested continuity between the wires at each switch.

#6 ·
Here's some wiring diagrams that may help you track it down.
These are good from '99-'01 trucks. Things changed in '02.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.