Power seat problems - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power seat problems

I bought my 03 Excursion with inop driver's power seat and it is just my luck it is all the way forward and I'm 6'4". The power seat and power lumber buttons don't work but the seat heat button does. The passenger power seat works in all directions. The power adjusting gas and brake pedals do not work also. When I had the truck in Ford they did a quick diagnosis and said there was no power at the seat switches so they wanted to start with the power seat module but said the motors might also be bad and quoted $500 just to replace the module. I had the truck in a diesel performance shop to bullet proof it and he thought that since it was both the power seat and pedals inop that could possibly be just the module. If it is just the module (he quoted $200 part) I would replace it but if it is the motors I would just replace the whole lower seat since the leather has wear marks (cracks) in it that I would want addressed and I got a quote for $600 for everything refurbished shipping incl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
From your description I can determine that your Excursion had Power MEMORY seats and both the driver's seat and the Power Adjustable Pedals are controlled by the driver's seat module.

Start by checking Fuses F2-13, F2-15 and F2-112 in the Central Junction Box (instrument panel fuse box) Then inspect the wiring connectors under the driver's seat and make sure all connectors are fully seated and latched.

Inspect the wiring at the accelerator pedal As I have seen improperly routed pedal harness wiring chafe on the pedal assembly, however this issue typically causes other problems with the engine controls. I would not rule it out though.

Diagnostically speaking you would want to check and verify all power and grounds at the Power Seat module that is mounted in the seat bottom. A wiring schematic will be needed. If all circuits test good then yes, I would condemn the Power Seat Module. Replacing the seat track and motors or the Adjustable pedal will likely NOT fix this concern if the power and ground circuits test good but cannot be ruled out if any of the fuses are open.

FYI - replacing the seat track assembly does not mean the ENTIRE seat bottom. The track is a separate assembly that is bolted to the lower seat frame. To replace the worn out leather seat cover you can order and install that separately if it is still available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 09-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay but thanks for providing these diagnosing steps. I was working doubles for a month and now the truck is currently at the dealership for rear ac problems but I will start on these when I get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
From your description I can determine that your Excursion had Power MEMORY seats and both the driver's seat and the Power Adjustable Pedals are controlled by the driver's seat module.

Start by checking Fuses F2-13, F2-15 and F2-112 in the Central Junction Box (instrument panel fuse box) Then inspect the wiring connectors under the driver's seat and make sure all connectors are fully seated and latched.

Inspect the wiring at the accelerator pedal As I have seen improperly routed pedal harness wiring chafe on the pedal assembly, however this issue typically causes other problems with the engine controls. I would not rule it out though.

Diagnostically speaking you would want to check and verify all power and grounds at the Power Seat module that is mounted in the seat bottom. A wiring schematic will be needed. If all circuits test good then yes, I would condemn the Power Seat Module. Replacing the seat track and motors or the Adjustable pedal will likely NOT fix this concern if the power and ground circuits test good but cannot be ruled out if any of the fuses are open.

FYI - replacing the seat track assembly does not mean the ENTIRE seat bottom. The track is a separate assembly that is bolted to the lower seat frame. To replace the worn out leather seat cover you can order and install that separately if it is still available.

03 Excursion Ltd 6.0L CAI, ARP studs/HG, turbo back exhaust, IDP tunes, ELC/coolant filter, SCT Livewire, 6.4L banjo bolts
00 Acura RL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:10 PM

I have a 2016 F250 and the driver seat won’t go up down or move front or back just hear a click from under seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in