The Diesel Stop banner

Rear seat cargo shelf removal?

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ArcticDriver 
#1 ·
I miss the storage, behind the rear seat and under it, that my 03 had.(thats all) The 06 has that pullout platform. I tried to remove it, by unscrewing the torx bolts, but it is still bound on one side by something. Anyone do it, or know how to do it? My grocery bags can ride on the floor.
Thanks,
Pete

#2 ·
I agree - I would rather have the space under the seat than that cargo rack. I rarely use it.

If you figure out the problem, please post it. I might be interested in pulling mine out too.

LRRP

#3 ·
I was in the process of removing mine when the wife said it looked like the dog crate would set level on the plattform. She was right, I was wrong. I never got mine out so I can't help. LOL

Nate

#4 ·
Took mine out of the 05. Just the torx bolts. Came right out...

#5 ·
They must have put some little locky thing I can't see on one side. Any techs out there know?

#6 ·
On the drivers side there is a plastic piece that covers the seat bolts. Remove the cover and you will see one of the seat bolts also holds cargo shelf. Thought I was missing something too, until I found that last bolt holding it in place. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I was in the process of removing mine when the wife said it looked like the dog crate would set level on the plattform. She was right, I was wrong. I never got mine out so I can't help. LOL

Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Nate,
what size crates you using? I need space for Lab in 400. Don't have a 06 yet, in the process of figuring out what crew cab body would work best for my dog habit. 7.3 or 6.0

thanks for your advice

#8 ·
Great that explains it, one more thing since I'm prone to snapping plastic anything; Does the cover just pull off,or slide any hints?
Thanks,
Pete

#10 ·
Thanks 20035f250,
Took it out yesterday between raindrops. Now I've got to find a place in the garage rafters for it.
Pete

#11 ·
I just signed up hoping to find a solution to removing the cargo shelf. Very frustrated. The owners manual refers to it as a load shelf, other web sites refer to it as a metal shelf and here I find Cargo Shelf. I removed the 6 or 8 star bolts and yet something is still preventing the cargo shelf being removed, it wiggles. Our big dog is getting a bit old and can no longer hop into the F350 Lariat and this cargo shelf just makes it a few inches higher and also not enough space between the metal cargo shelf and the floor carpet behind the driver's seat. Looking for help to find that last possible bolt or something. We have a 2007 F350 Diesel 4x4
Your advice will be appreciated. woof woof.

#12 ·
Can’t help with the hidden bolts but we use a ramp for our dogs as they get older. Especially makes it easier on their front shoulders as they get down out of the truck.

Its always fun to see how quick they learn the ramp is their friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.