Video for pulling dash? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By klhansen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (2)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Video for pulling dash?

Anyone have a good video link to pulling the dash and gauge cluster to replace some bulbs?

2001 F-350, 7.3L, Crew Cab, 4x4, Dually.
202,000 miles, and going strong.
4" Turbo Back MBPR Exhaust
S&B Cold Air Intake
DP-Tuner F5 Chip
6.0 Trans Cooler

It likes to pull a 44' 3" 2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420AMP Toy Hauler
ISSPRO 3 gauge (pyro, boost, trans) pillar install.
Located on Long Island, NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Don't have a video, but it's not that hard. Pull the radio out with the u-shaped radio removal tools. Available at most any parts store or Wally World. Stick them in the holes at the side till they click, then pull the ends away from each other and pull the radio out. The remove the two hex head screws at the top of the radio opening. After that, just grab the dash panel and tug. The headlight switch comes out with the dash panel, so you'll need to pull the wiring connectors loose to fully remove the dash. The instrument cluster comes out with 4 (IIRC) screws.
kench likes this.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 09:18 AM

My Photos: (0)

Found this online, hope it helps!

2002 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 7.3L Lariat 2WD 131,000mi; 4in turbo back custom exhaust, Garrett GTP38R turbo, Riffraff intercooler boots, Dorman Up-Pipes, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, Scangauge II, ISSPRO EV2 Boost-EGT-Trans temp-Fuel pressure Gauges, DP T-5 Tuner (stock ,60HP tow, Decel, 60HP highway econo, 80HP city econo), Dieselsite coolant filtration, Max Air A/C mod, foglight mod, AIH delete, LED interior, back up camera, hid foglights.

I have AE if you are in San Diego area and need help. Send PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Yeah, that'll work.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Pulled that dash and changed the burnt bulbs.
Not a hard job at all.
I have an aftermarket radio, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it out, so I left it attached to the dash. It would have been easier without the radio in, but it is certainly doable.
Hardest part was getting the gear indicator back in the slot using my fat hands!
Oh, and paying $6 for two of the tiny #37 bulbs was hard too!

I got a pack of 10 of the bigger bulbs on amazon for like $4!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	128292  

S&B Cold Air Intake
DP-Tuner F5 Chip
6.0 Trans Cooler

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Although I did notice it looks like I'm missing a bulb assembly in the "brake" slot.
I never use the e-brake, so I never noticed the brake light didn't come on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bulb.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	740.9 KB
ID:	128294  

S&B Cold Air Intake
DP-Tuner F5 Chip
6.0 Trans Cooler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in