Warranty Claim Procedure Question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty Claim Procedure Question

OK... I may be showing my ignorance here, but I had a warranty claim yesterday on my overhead console. The locking tab busted on the garage door opener compartment and I figured it would be a simple claim and maybe take 10 minutes to get the thing rolling.... WRONG!!! My dealer proceeds to take digital pictures of my odometer, the broken piece, my VIN number, and a shot of my whole truck! Then they upload these pictures to Ford who has to "authorize" the broken part to be ordered for replacement. Is this a normal procedure, or is something weird going on here? To me... what should have taken 10 minutes, turned into an hour of frustration and waiting. They OK'd the part order, but I want to know why FoMoCo wants pictures of your vehicle. Is this an evidence gathering tool to deny future warranty claims if you have modified the vehicle? If somebody can shed some light, I would appreciate it!!

Oh and interestingly enough... I was told by the parts desk that I had to order the whole console, as I was just going to buy it myself, but as soon as I made it a warranty claim... suddenly they can just order the door (according to Ford). Go figure...

2004 F250 CCSB, Lariat, FX4, 6.0PSD, 5SPD TS, AEM Brute Force Intake, OILGUARD bypass kit, MBRP Aluminized Duals, Silverline 6 inch Stainless Tips, Dark Shadow Grey over Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:27 AM

My Photos: (5)
Re: Warranty Claim Procedure Question

Sounds weird to me. My warranty issues were never like that. The only time I had a warranty rep even come out to look at the truck was when I got 4 balljoints replaced at 99,960 miles (under my 100k extended warranty). Everything else was very smooth and quick.

2002 Super Duty 7.3 CC 4x4 - 4.5" Icon lift, 35x12.5x17 Toyo MTs on Weld Racing X-Landers, 08 Tow Mirrors, DP-Tuner, 38R, RR Plenum Inserts, RR Boots, HPx, Frx, 4" Magnaflow, IH Bellowed up-pipes, coolant filter, hutch and harpoon, Ford AIS, CCV mod, BTS, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Auburn LSD, 08 Diff. Cover, Pullrite SuperGlide 5th, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags, Pioneer P4300DVD, Rear Entertainment LCD and a new steering wheel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:57 AM

My Photos: (4)

Maybe you are going through a dealer who got busted on his warranty claim audit. Sounds like they took the warranty authorization procedure away from the dealer... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

Robb [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Robb Wing from Cincinnati,Ohio
99.5 F250SD XLT,4X4,CC,SB,SRW,V10,Auto,3.73LS,ESOF,Deep Wedgewood Blue,Swiss Cab-high Cap,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Alpine Amps,Infinity Sub,Street Scene Grill Inserts,full-chrome grill,Fumoto,SPA Gauges,Rancho stabilizer,Heated/Lighted TT mirrors, Jordan Ultima 2020,TYC Elegante Tail Lights,Great Covers Endura Seat Covers,Auto Lock Underseat Drawer,Hella Micro DE Fogs,Full Chrome Front Bumper,PML Diff Cover, JAD Solutions LED running lights below doors,18" Harley Wheels,keypad,chrome tow hooks,leather steering wheel, PF 2-piece Rotors and "Z" pads in front - PS Cryo and Hawk LTS in rear,BANKS Stinger Plus,Banks TransCommand,GMT Transmission,Bilstein 5100s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you are going through a dealer who got busted on his warranty claim audit. Sounds like they took the warranty authorization procedure away from the dealer... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think about that or even realize that was a possibility! If that's the case... I'll find a new dealer to work with, as that was a major pain in the rear! It still bothers me that Ford wanted pictures of the whole truck. It just seems like information that they just didn't need [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Thanks for the replies!!

2004 F250 CCSB, Lariat, FX4, 6.0PSD, 5SPD TS, AEM Brute Force Intake, OILGUARD bypass kit, MBRP Aluminized Duals, Silverline 6 inch Stainless Tips, Dark Shadow Grey over Black
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:48 PM

2 Da' Lake,

Cochise here. You are the inquesitive one... you are correct. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Click on address for quick connection

Cochise Willis

Houston, Texas Good Ole' USA
Call me @ (281) 931-3310 Fax me @ (281) 878-4267
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 04:49 PM

ford has been doing the pic download thing for warranty for about 5 years now. its used at dealers with abnormal amounts of warranty claims. as for the parts department wanting to sell you the whole cover; there is a reason for that. the whole cover is cheaper to buy then just the one small compartment. i know i bought one. cost me $58.00 for the whole cover. the sunglass lid would of cost me $65.00

2002 F-250: CREW CAB: SHORT BED: 4X4
IESEL: 6SPD MANUAL: ALUMINUM AIR INTAKE: 4" BANKS DOWN PIPE: CUSTOM MADE 5" DUAL EXHAUST IN FRONT OF REAR WHEELS: TS PERFORMANCE 6POSITION 140HP: AUTOMETER GAUGES ON PILLAR AND ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER: DUAL FRONT SHOCKS: DUAL STEERING STABILIZER: KYB MONOTUBE SHOCKS AND STEERING STABILIZER: LIFTED 2INCHES: TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT TIRES LT285/75/17 LOAD RANGE E: 17" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS: CUSTOM MADE WHEEL SPACERS: WARN HUBS: POWER SLOT FRONT BRAKE ROTORS: HAWK SD BRAKE PADS UP FRONT: SMOKED CAB LIGHTS: SMOKED TAIL LIGHTS: POLK AUDIO 10" SUBS IN HOMEMADE BOXES: SONY HEAD UNIT AND SPEAKERS: KENWOOD AMP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in