Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   1999-2007 General Questions (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   Weird door ajar light problem (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/weird-door-ajar-light-problem-144460/)

Wrench_95 01-07-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yan7gin (Post 4018425)
Try pulling the fuse 19 and 102, whait a couple hours and put them back.

Worked for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Doubtful this will do anything since both my batteries were disconnected and removed for about 3 days a couple days ago while I was doing turbo work and replacing the up pipes. But I'll give it a shot for the hell of it.

From the looks of it, it may be the instrument cluster itself that's bad. Too bad there's not a how-to for that.

yan7gin 01-07-2016 10:46 AM

My vsm problem started 1yrs and 1/2 ago. I had the battery disconnected multiple time for engine work and one time over 3 weeks. Back in October i removed the fuse 19 because the door keep locking and unlocking by themselves when driving or parked. 3 days ago i saw a post saying to remove the fuse 102 and 19 and it might fix it. So I removed the 102 fuse for couple hours and put both back in and everything work now.

Is ford wasn't able to connect to your new vsm or if they dis programme it and nothing change?

For what i know,

Door adjar switch (witch you did),
Vsm,
Cluster.

This is the sequence i know

Hope the fuse will help you, if not i think your next step is the cluster

S&S 01-07-2016 12:13 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if that "door ajar" problem could be the source of my radio staying on and the battery drain???
I just got this truck and I don't know much about it.
In my buddy's gmc the power stays on after he shuts off the key, like if it was on "acc" until the door is opened then all shuts off.
Are these fords the same?
My interior light doesn't come on but the bulb might just be burnt, I'll have to check.
Just thinking about it... I don't remember ever seeing the "door ajar" light in the dash either?

yan7gin 01-07-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&S (Post 4019361)
Hi, I was just wondering if that "door ajar" problem could be the source of my radio staying on and the battery drain???
I just got this truck and I don't know much about it.
In my buddy's gmc the power stays on after he shuts off the key, like if it was on "acc" until the door is opened then all shuts off.
Are these fords the same?
My interior light doesn't come on but the bulb might just be burnt, I'll have to check.
Just thinking about it... I don't remember ever seeing the "door ajar" light in the dash either?

Yes if there is a problem with the vsm everything will stay on when you open the door but it should still shutoff after 10 or 15 min. Unless you have a problem with your delay relay.

Normally the radio will shut off when opening the door and all light will shut with the delay circuit (if i remember right) but if you have a problem with your vsm, the light won't work like they should on auto, inside and third light will take a long time to shut and will always stay on when vehicle is running, radio won't shut when opening the door.

Like i suggest in my other post, try removing the fuse 19 and 102 first for couple hours and go from there

Wrench_95 01-07-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yan7gin (Post 4019313)
My vsm problem started 1yrs and 1/2 ago. I had the battery disconnected multiple time for engine work and one time over 3 weeks. Back in October i removed the fuse 19 because the door keep locking and unlocking by themselves when driving or parked. 3 days ago i saw a post saying to remove the fuse 102 and 19 and it might fix it. So I removed the 102 fuse for couple hours and put both back in and everything work now.

Is ford wasn't able to connect to your new vsm or if they dis programme it and nothing change?

For what i know,

Door adjar switch (witch you did),
Vsm,
Cluster.

This is the sequence i know

Hope the fuse will help you, if not i think your next step is the cluster

Removed those two fuses all night last night, nothing changed. So looks like the cluster, but I'm not paying for that, I'll sell it before I pay $500 for interior lights.

Over the 4 hours Ford spent trying to program the VSM, it works the exact same as the old one and the new one straight out of the box, no change at all.

yan7gin 01-07-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrench_95 (Post 4020233)
Removed those two fuses all night last night, nothing changed. So looks like the cluster, but I'm not paying for that, I'll sell it before I pay $500 for interior lights.

Over the 4 hours Ford spent trying to program the VSM, it works the exact same as the old one and the new one straight out of the box, no change at all.

Yap for what i know your next step is the cluster, i feel your pain

meteor56 02-20-2016 04:48 PM

Thanks for the WD40 tip. The door ajar light of my '99 F250 would come on after a wet day, and go off once I was above 15 mph. Then back on again as I slowed below 15 mph. It would stay on for 15-30 minutes after shutdown. I sprayed WD40 in all four doors just after New Year's; the light hasn't come on in error since. I love it!

Griz 09-17-2016 02:14 PM

The two front doors the door ajar switches are in the latches...right? Does the 2 back doors on the extended cab have switches also? If so where are they?

Thanks,

Griz

Griz 09-21-2016 11:25 AM

I fixed my problem of the dome light staying on even if I locked the truck using the remote keypad. It turned out to be the intensity control knob for the dash lights. Why this would affect the dome light is beyond me. I don't have a schematic so I can't even guess why this might happen. I did not have an issue with the doors ajar indicator like some of you do...so I don't know if this would fix any of those issues.

Griz

Gator5713 09-22-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griz (Post 4258321)
I fixed my problem of the dome light staying on even if I locked the truck using the remote keypad. It turned out to be the intensity control knob for the dash lights. Why this would affect the dome light is beyond me. I don't have a schematic so I can't even guess why this might happen. I did not have an issue with the doors ajar indicator like some of you do...so I don't know if this would fix any of those issues.

Griz

All the way up there should be a 'click' which is the switch for the dome light. Just shy of the 'click' is dash light full.

Griz 09-22-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator5713 (Post 4258833)
All the way up there should be a 'click' which is the switch for the dome light. Just shy of the 'click' is dash light full.

I'll have to check that out. Does this turn the dome and cargo lights on? Because not only did my dome light stay on, the cargo and red door lights on the bottom of the doors were on also.

Gator5713 09-22-2016 02:25 PM

Yes. All one circuit.

Griz 09-23-2016 12:13 PM

Yeah that is what I must have done was turn the intensity knob until the dome light came on and I didn't realize I had done that. I checked the knob and it does work like you said.

Thanks,

Griz

Gator5713 09-23-2016 05:53 PM

No worries. We all have those moments from time to time!

rafternw 04-07-2018 10:40 PM

My door ajar light and the dome light stay on whenever the key is on. 2003 F250 Super Duty Supercab 6.0 diesel. I have disconnected both door switches without success. Does my truck have a GEM, a VSM or an LCM that controls this function? Whichever one it is, where is it? Lots of misinformation out there on this issue from people who think they know but get contradicted by others who also think they know. Anyone know for certain?

Thanks