Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   1999-2007 General Questions (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   Weird door ajar light problem (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/weird-door-ajar-light-problem-144460/)

newtodieseling 05-24-2007 10:16 AM

re: Weird door ajar light problem

[ QUOTE ]
So...since my driverside front door actuator seems to be not working...will this cause my door ajar light to illuminate. Its been on for months and it is getting pretty annoying. Any info is appreciated! Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep

fredwilliamson 05-25-2007 07:16 AM

Hmmmm. I changed all 4 of my door lock actuators today. {since the majority of people recomend it on here} The door open light is Still on. I unplugged all the sensors, installed jumper wires and the light is still on. I then {since i was bored and had the parts handy}I changed all 4 door open switches. Light is still on!! I lubed the heck out of the strikers with wd40...still on. Any Suggestions? Take it to ford and let them deal with it? Im Out of ideas.

JHpowerstrokin02 05-26-2007 11:08 PM

I've got an '02 F-350 crew-cab. The door ajar lights stay on while running. The power door locks don't work at all (inside or on the keyless entry).Also the radio does not turn off when I open the door. I've already sprayed the door latches with WD-40 but it didn't help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

aceohearts 05-27-2007 01:42 AM

Read here.

fredwilliamson 05-27-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!!! That VSM was my problem. I Appreciate it.

2008TTCC 05-27-2007 10:08 AM

EDIT

JHpowerstrokin02 05-27-2007 10:26 PM

What's the price of this VSM?

fredwilliamson 06-02-2007 04:17 AM

105 for the vsm and about 40 for the programing.

stingerMX 06-11-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks once again, TDS. Just got here to post a question about fixing this exact issue. Saw the sticky at the top, and I'll be pickin' up some WD40 tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, WD40 some of the BEST stuff ever made [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

JHpowerstrokin02 06-15-2007 12:45 AM

Thanks Fred Williamson!! My local stealer-ship wants $218 + tax just for the module. Any suggestions?

fredwilliamson 06-15-2007 03:23 AM

Im sorry, i forgot to mention that i bought it at cost through my work. Im so use to getting the wholesale prices i keep forgetting to clarify. I believe the retail price here in arizona is 178.42

Again Sorry.

southmike 06-21-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WD40 has been the best simple solution, tons of positive results.

[/ QUOTE ]
yep

dipper 06-29-2007 08:36 PM

BUT... if your vehicle does not have the V.S.M. like mine then you can do what I did. Pull the door panel off, unhook the linkage from the latch mechanism and the electrical plugs, take out the 2 screws that hold the latch in and carefully manipulate it out and w/a wrench take the switch off the mechanism and spray a generous portion of the world famous WD-40 liquid gold and work the action of this switch for about 5 minutes repeatidly spraying, then re-install the switch, the mechanism, the electrical plugs, and the linkages, make sure it works properly by shutting and opening several times w/ the key in the ignition turned on and the window down. If all is well, no chime and no door ajar light, also dome light will go out. Now you can re-install the door panel. Taa Daa.

dieselpwrdude 07-09-2007 01:37 PM

WD40 is great stuff,Its good for electronics also.I once got my marine VHF radio wet and it stopped working.Just a matter of spraying WD40 inside the radio and it has worked fine ever since.

However WD40 makes for a lousy lubricant,especially in a outdoor situations.WD-40 is really just for Water Displacement...hence the name.

Lil_SuperDuty 08-01-2007 08:23 AM

I call it the "Mystery Light".....
Mine has been doin it for about 3 years now. The dealer has replaced the involved switch 3 times and after that I just "let it eat".....Sometimes there is no light at all, even when I hit the switch on dash and other times, it'll stay on for 20 minutes to half an hour........Kinda used to the little red truck light on dash panel, gonna miss it when it finally burns out one day........