Weird door ajar light problem - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 PM

My Photos: (4)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
re: Weird door ajar light problem

I have a Crew Cab now, how would one determine what door is the problem???
My interior lights will not go out and my door ajar light stays on.
I've used up my quota of WD-40 in all 4 doors. If I can't get this fixed tonight, I'm gonna have to unhook my batteries, MUCH easier than pulling a VERY hot bulb.

Thanks all!
RoReRi

Found the problem... FYI...
The interior and bed lights finally timed out.
Opened each door and then let the lights time out again, takes about 5 minutes, but seems like 30.
After the two back doors I tried the drivers door.
Culprit was the drivers door. When I opened the drivers door the lights did NOT come back on.
Maybe this trouble shooting method may help someone.

Thanks all!!!

New to me... not anymore...
02' 4x4 | F250 | CC | SB | Auto | 3.73 rear end
Running boards | Tow Mirrors | Tymar intake | DP-Tuner 80hp Eco, Stock, 60hp Tow | Fumoto drain | Sony,CDX-GT610UI | 2.5" TuffCountry leveling kit | 4" MBRP exhaust, turbo back..

96' 4x4 F250 EC 4"lift Ranch Hand Front and Rear bumpers. Tymar intake and downpipe & Cat delete pipe. 203 degree T-stat, $40 AIC, Stage 1 INJECTORS...
Running WVO since May '04

Be without fear in the face of your enemies
Be brave and upright that God may love thee
Speak the truth even if it leads to your death
Safeguard the helpless

THAT IS YOUR OATH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 PM

My Photos: (0)

I just posted the same problem last night, and now I noticed the radio light stayed on, the lights on the power windows were on with the key in my pocket and when running the automatic headlights wont turn on. I read abt the VSM and was wondering exactally what this is. And is it ok to keep driving trk??

Thanks again,
Chip

2002 F-250SD Lariat 4x4 ext cab 67,000 mi
K-N intake. MBRP 4" ss turbo back exaust muffler delete + 5" MBRP tip. dp tuner 60 80 econ and 120. AIH del. IC foil delete. BTS valve body. ISSPRO pyro mounted on steering collum. Isspro tranny and boost from disel manor on piller. brv from diselsite. Banks big head, allong w/Ats housing and wicked wheel. l.e.d. s front and rear. Firestone ride rite air bags. front leveling kit. 285/75 trail cutter mud tires, 8" drop Reese hitch. Prodigy brake controler to whoa camper.

my truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM

I just took a can of jb 80, and sprayed the latches and everything down, and it went away, also the bouns of smelling jb 80everytime you get in, its a good smell I think. But any type of lubricant would work I am sure.

Its a work in progress: 2001 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 60,000 miles. Have big dreams for this truck. LT305/75R16 mickey thompson mtx, Sirius satelite radio, Muffler Delete with 6 inch tip at a 45 out the back. KC Slim Lite Off Road lights. Bumper Guard. 2 10" subs with Alpine deck. Garmin GPS. DP Tuner- No start, 1200 rpm hi idle, 60hp Tow, 80hp econ, 100 hp performance, 120 hp Race, 140 hp aggressive. Isspro white dial chrome bezel blue pointer Pyro, Boost, and Trans temp in 3 pod a pilar mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM

My Photos: (27)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the WD-40 trick, and went from having an intermittant problem to a constant one. </div></div>
You won't find many full time mechanics who have access to the good lubes, penetrants, etc, that are on the market that will have much use for WD40. It does many things a little bit but nothing real well. It came out originally as a water dispersant. When it comes to a spray lube, there's a bunch of them available that are disigned to do just that.

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.
post #35 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_Hicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks once again, TDS. Just got here to post a question about fixing this exact issue. Saw the sticky at the top, and I'll be pickin' up some WD40 tomorrow. </div></div> A.Hicks, ya means ta tells me ya ain't got no dubya d fotey layin' 'round? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

'02 Black F-350srw Lariat. 7.3/CC/SB/OR. BTS tranny with 6.0 cooler,coated TN bb1.00 w/Hi-flow outlet,Non-EBP ped,BWD coated/bellowed up-pipes,D.P Tuner.F5(stock,Hi-idle,60tow,80econo,120race),4" SS Magnaflow,BDS stabilizers ,Fluidampr,AFE Stage2w/PG7&pre-filter,Spearco 6.0 IC,PML pan,HPOX,Airdog,ITP reg.return,MAP Maximizer,8 spring front, BFG 315/75/16 AT's,DTS 4.56LS gears,Mag-Hytec cover,Dieselsite SS ESOF lines,coolant filter,203* stat w/billet&Fleetrite,Optix fuel on column,Ultra-Lite trans,pyro,boost on pillar.All fluids Mobil1,Energy polys,Centramatic,Fumoto,Billet,Line-X,Husky box,Extang,EGR,Alpine,Viper,Dynamat,Sirius,PIAA,Hu sky-Liner,Bilsteins. Door ding,overhead console,Snowman,Zoodad,Harpoon,AIH,Marinco,CCV,foi l mods. Hawks and Powerslot cryo's
post #36 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokindisl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just posted the same problem last night, and now I noticed the radio light stayed on, the lights on the power windows were on with the key in my pocket and when running the automatic headlights wont turn on. I read abt the VSM and was wondering exactally what this is. And is it ok to keep driving trk??

Thanks again,
Chip </div></div>I get the door ajar light when the door is passenger door is closed and it goes out when the door is open.The plug on the door dosen't look like it can be plugged in wrong.

2001ISLAND BLUE&GOLD 4X4 F-250CC SHRTBED,37x13.50x22 kumho's ,8 inch superlift and 5125 bilsteins,american racing trax forged 22's, baldwin by-pass,tank mod,bull bar, donalson filter,4/5inch exhaust,sonnax/tri,acetoned badges,lunar tripod gauges,TS 3-way flip ,140extreme,monsterbox/precision conv,v10 cooler , adjustable regulator to map,4 infinitys&infinity amp,7inch dvd overhead,silver star headlights and foglights and harness. fpr68psi,dynamat. AIH delete.2006 front end,f-450 brakes.
post #37 of 166 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 PM

Hey guys, I have replaced all 4 of the switches in the doors...now the truck locks me out while it is still running and the door a jar light still comes on. I am ready to try to replace the VSM... can I do this myself? I called my local dealer and they claim that this module does not exist... they are wanting to replace the BCM's... apparently there are several of these... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2002 Ford F250 crewcab Super Duty.
Thanks, TodH
post #38 of 166 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:41 PM

In 2003 Ford changed the switch [door jam] to a normally open design so this problem will be elimintated.

1999 F250 2WD RC/LB posi AIS, Superchips DPI propane, 4" turboback exhaust, gauges, Edge Evolution tuner [looking into a Propane chip]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: todh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I have replaced all 4 of the switches in the doors...now the truck locks me out while it is still running and the door a jar light still comes on. I am ready to try to replace the VSM... can I do this myself? I called my local dealer and they claim that this module does not exist... they are wanting to replace the BCM's... apparently there are several of these... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2002 Ford F250 crewcab Super Duty.
Thanks, TodH </div></div>Hey let me know if u solved your problem,mine has been like this for about 1 1/2 yrs,would like to fix this.

2001ISLAND BLUE&GOLD 4X4 F-250CC SHRTBED,37x13.50x22 kumho's ,8 inch superlift and 5125 bilsteins,american racing trax forged 22's, baldwin by-pass,tank mod,bull bar, donalson filter,4/5inch exhaust,sonnax/tri,acetoned badges,lunar tripod gauges,TS 3-way flip ,140extreme,monsterbox/precision conv,v10 cooler , adjustable regulator to map,4 infinitys&infinity amp,7inch dvd overhead,silver star headlights and foglights and harness. fpr68psi,dynamat. AIH delete.2006 front end,f-450 brakes.
post #40 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 AM

I hit a bump while in 4X4 with my front left wheel and right away my door adjar light comes on and chimes and my overhead cab lights come on. They dont stay on but every tiny bump in a road sets it off and I can even put my truck in reverse and tap my brakes and that much sets it off. Driving down the highway is so anoying.
Now I know everyone has said WD-40 so I did that right away with no luck so I brought my truck to ford and they said the computer showed it as being a bad adjar switch in the front passenger door. I bought the switch and took the door panel off and pluged in the new switch and still the door adjar light is on. I then took the new switch and pluged it to the other doors one at a time and still the door adjar blinks on and off and chimes with the tiniest movement of my truck. I beleive it is not the switch.
Question:
On one end of the wires you have the door adjar switch. What is at the other end of the wires that makes the dome lights and adjar light in dash come on? VSM? or is there a sensor reset that I can to like Dodge has by turning on and off the ignition X amount of times?
post #41 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 06:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dumokie
Door ajar light on, No auto headlights, Radio stays on.

On my 2002 F-350 I had a variety of symptoms. Door ajar light staying on, Radio staying on, loss of auto headlamp feature, dome light would only turn on manually.. I hoped and prayed it was just a stuck door stitch of course it was not.
It is the VSM module, Vehicle Security Module which is located behind the cupholder'radio area. its about a buck fifty, thats the good news. The stealership will charge a hour labor to tell you what I just told you and another hour to reprogram it.. At least they fixed problem this time!! I have seen other posts with exact same symptoms and after these guys chased door switches still had problem as I did.
What I share here is only my experience.
post #42 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 PM

post #43 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 05:43 PM

double ya dee forty... Is that a 80 year old?? Named Dee??

I am glad for all those who are fixing this problem with a good spraying of WD-40/Other chemicals.. Ya might remind your Ford friends to spray mechanisms/latches/switches every oil change. Well at least thats what I am gonna do now. In my case it was the V.S.M., so if the switches don't fix symptoms you might think V.S.M. I know this thread is going on ad nasuem but, obviously lots are having this problem... Good luck. Peep my post on this 2000 I just bought regarding the keyless entry question and lemme know what ya think.. Thanks

post #44 of 166 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 08:27 AM

I went to dealer service for the above stated problems and was told I needed to replace the GEM module, lighting module, and possibly the keyless module for a grand total of $1900.00. There was also a code B1352. I walked out and drove away. If this is so prevalent, then can the VSM be replaced by someone other than dealer? I would like to fix this before I sell this truck (02 PSD F350 SRW) and save the cash on the dealer's misrepresentation of the problem.
post #45 of 166 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 04:03 PM

wd40 works everytime. very common problem on many fords.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in