Whistling in the dash area - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whistling in the dash area

Hey y'all! I am hearing a whistling in the dash when I accelerate and as soon as I left off the pedal. Sounds like vacuum but I'm not sure. Also have an issue with my heater going cold on me every few minutes. I am from Mississippi and didn't notice the heater issue down there but I brought it to North Dakota where obviously there is quite a temp change. Could the cold temps be cooling the radiator enough to send cool air from the vents until it heats back up?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Oh this is an 07 F-250 6.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to ritschner
Whistling caused by a vacuum leak will not change during acceleration. Check the vacuum lines from the pump back to the dash, including behind the glove box, and back to the heater coolant bypass. Also double check the coolant level. If you have Auto climate control the system may be closing the bypass valve intermittently.

White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab elbow, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, DCPower 185a alternator, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in