wobbly center console?????heres the fix,how to disassemble your center console. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 General Questions General questions related to 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wobbly center console?????heres the fix,how to disassemble your center console.

this is for the 99-03 superduty wobbly console issue.....ok.....so i had the wobbly centerconsole and no matter how hard i looked i couldnt find how to disassemble the console to repair this.so i went slow and i have the answer,im willing to share.not a difficult repair,but ford doesnt offer any parts seperate.so if you break it your s.o.l.

first youll need a t55 and a 17 mm (i believe) to pull your seats and center console.once out youll need a phillips screwdriver to remover plastic cover on left(two screws).the right cover is held on by a pastic clip,gently pull it will release.then three 13mm on left as well as a torx bit(i dont remember what size)two 13mm on right side.the brackets that hold the top will come off.once you have the top removed,youll need a small flathead to seperate.there are no screws hidden,this is where it gets kinda tricky and if your going to damage anything itll happen now.where the fabric and leather roll into the console(under the lid and cupholder pad)insert a small flathead screwdriver and gently pry,theres a retaining ring,this pinches the fabric in and holds the console together.you need to release just about all fabric to to pull the cover down.DO NOT PRY UP ON THE CUP HOLDER PAD,IT WILL BREAK AND WILL NOT COME UP WITHOUT BREAKING.once you carefully pop this ring up(not nec to remove)you can pull the fabric/leather out and expose the underside of the console.youll find a screw in the bottom of the foam,simply replace and tighten the screw.this will fix the wobble.you can then release the tabs that hold the cupholder pad,to make reassembly easier.then slowly reverse the disassembly,using the flathead carefully reinsert fabric into slot and reinsert trim ring.pull fabric tight snap ring down go slow and youll be all done.after all fabric and trim ring is reinstalled you can carefully reinstall cupholder pad it should just snap back down.took me less than an hour,all though my cup holder pad paid the price..........

hopefully this will help someone.GOOD LUCK......and repair at your own risk parts are not avail and the console is not cheap.

2002 f250 lariat 7.3 220k(motor has 190k)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

original 4r100 tranny....220k and counting
knock on wood....
red elc good for 150k
4r100 1-2 2-3 3-4sonnax accumulator valves,.427 sonnax line pressure mod valve
4.125"yes thats 4 1/8" diy tymar intake(size matters...lol)
AIH delete,ccv delete,zoodad mod,
4" exhaust no muff
built my own leafs for 4.0 of lift!!!!!!
18" xd bronze revolvers with 325 nittos to wrap them
isspro pyro and boost guages on pillar mount....

Last edited by tattoocharlie; 08-26-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM

My Photos: (0)
On a related note... let's say you happen to demolish that cup holder pad. Is it possible to order up a new one from Ford? Anyone have the P/N for it?

My console wasn't loose or squeaky, but my pad separated from the white plastic frame it was glued to and I'd like to replace it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (5)
nope,ford only offers the console as a unit

2002 f250 lariat 7.3 220k(motor has 190k)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

original 4r100 tranny....220k and counting
knock on wood....
red elc good for 150k
4r100 1-2 2-3 3-4sonnax accumulator valves,.427 sonnax line pressure mod valve
4.125"yes thats 4 1/8" diy tymar intake(size matters...lol)
AIH delete,ccv delete,zoodad mod,
4" exhaust no muff
built my own leafs for 4.0 of lift!!!!!!
18" xd bronze revolvers with 325 nittos to wrap them
isspro pyro and boost guages on pillar mount....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 PM

My Photos: (3)
This is for the center console, that is a large box? What about disassembly of a loose arm rest on the center seat? I will keep looking, but not sure what to look for.

2004 F-350 4X4 CC 6.0 PSD
2004 Wilderness 320dbhs TT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:48 PM

My Photos: (0)
Hey Charlie,
Thanks for the great tips. I had not figured out how to get the material off the seat! I will add however, that instead of removing the seats you only need to push the drivers seat all the way forward and tilt it forward to get access to the left torx 40 bolt. The passenger 13mm head bolts can be removed by pushing the passenger seat back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in