The Diesel Stop banner

Worst Service Visit Ever

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  northshoredr 
#1 ·
Here is my story. Responce from the dealer. ZERO!

The is the letter I have sent to the sales person that I have bought two F250 Laraits from.

Dear Tony G,
I am writing you this letter to let you know that we are no longer going to EVER do business with Ron Carter. I first want to say it has nothing to do with you and I would be more than happy to do business with you when you move to a new dealership.

I hope you share this information with as many people as necessary because I will be sharing it with thousands.

Here are the many reasons why.
I made an online appointment 3 days prior, to dropping off my truck, to have my truck serviced at Ron Carter. I dropped my truck off on 09/07/07 at 7:15am. I was scheduled to have a paint defect on my hood repaired, cracking driver’s seat repaired, a problem with cold starts, and a problem with my front end. All of which takes time but 11 DAYS??

I first called Jennifer Sosa, that same Friday I dropped my truck off, around 3 pm on the 7th, to see when my truck might be ready. She told me they are still having trouble finding a problem with the front end but by tomorrow that should be taken care of. The body shop person still needs to take pictures of my hood and get Ford to approve it and that will happen in the next 5 minutes. I will call you back. I called her back at 4:30 pm because I never got a call back and she says the body shop will have my truck on Monday and return it on Tuesday. On Tuesday the upholstery shop will have to repair the seat and I should get my truck back on Wednesday the 12th. Still no offer for a loaner car knowing that all the repairs will be covered under my 3yr/36k warranty plus my Ford ESP that I bought from Ron Carter.

I called Tuesday the 11th to get a status report. After several messages and being put on death hold I finally get to talk with Jennifer. Try calling 281-388-8111 and ask for Ford service and then call back and ask for Jennifer in Ford service and see what happens. Jennifer tells me they cannot find anything wrong with the black smoke coming from my truck. BLACK SMOKE?? What black smoke? I then get put on hold again and finally I get nothing can be found wrong with the front end, the body shop will get my truck sometime today and then go to the upholstery shop on Wednesday. We are now 2 days behind schedule and still no offer for a loaner car. Sure is fun carpooling with my wife who works in Dickinson and I work in Pasadena. Isn’t this the second truck I have bought from Ron Carter?? Hmmm…

I called Wednesday the 12th. After several messages and being put on death hold I finally get to talk with Jennifer again. Did I mention you should call 281-388-8111 and ask for Ford service and then call back and ask for Jennifer in Ford service and see what happens? Anyways, Jennifer says the body shop just got my truck today and hopefully the upholstery shop will get it on Thursday. We just lost another day?? Still no loaner car. How much money have I spent in gas and time driving from Dickinson to Pasadena twice a day? Isn’t this the second truck I have bought there? Wasn’t I talking with Tony G about buying a 2007 or 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition EL? What happens if I have to take it in for service??

I called Thursday the 13th. Same old death hold and voice mail with no return calls. When I talk with Jennifer she say the upholstery shop still has my truck but it should be ready tomorrow. Now we are 3 days behind schedule and still no offer for a loaner car or apology.

I called Friday the 14th at 12:30 pm to make sure everything is a go for the return of my truck. I leave a message and surprise no return call. I am seeing a pattern here. I finally get a hold of Jennifer around 2 pm, by the way I am making ALL the phone calls, and she say she has my truck back from the upholstery shop but now the tech thinks he knows what might be wrong with my front end. She is getting ready to go on a test ride and will call me right back. Yeah right! I call her back at 4:50pm and she did not get to go on the test ride but there is definitely something wrong with the front end. She also tells me they might have to order parts but she will have to call me back. I call her back at 6pm, more death hold, and I am told parts will have to be ordered. They might come in Saturday but the tech might not be here to work on it. So, that means my truck won’t be ready till Monday. We are now 6 days behind schedule at this point. I tell Jennifer I will need a loaner car if my truck is not ready on Monday the 17th.

Saturday no phone call so I guess my truck is just sitting.

Monday no phone calls. I call Jennifer at 12:45 and leave a message. I call Jennifer at 2pm and after some death hold I get to talk with her. She says let me put you on hold and find out what is going on. She comes back after several minutes and says my truck will be ready by 6pm.

I arrive at Ron Carter at 5:30 pm hoping maybe just maybe it is ready early. The cashier cannot find my paper work so she pages Jennifer. 5:50pm I track down Jennifer. She says my truck is ready and the ticket needs to be taken over to the cashier. I go back to the cashier and she say Jennifer still needs to close the ticket. I see my truck pull up. So, I decide to go check things out while waiting for the paperwork. I go up to my truck and it is covered in mud like someone has been off roading. Mud is caked in the wheel wells and the running boards. Didn’t I just pay $17.00 for a car wash just before I brought my truck to Ron Carter for service? I did, so they could see the problem with the paint spot.

I ask the cashier if I could speak with the Service Manager. She goes away and while she is away a parts salesperson points out the General Manager to another customer as he walks by. The cashier come back and says the Service Manager is busy but his assistant can talk with you if you would like? I ask to talk with the General Manager then. She says I don’t think he is here today. I said he just walked by 5 seconds ago and he is back in the parts area. The cashier walks away and Low and Behold the Service Manager is free now. I don’t know his name because he never introduced himself. I tell him my truck has been here for 11 days now for some fairly minor repairs and now I get my truck back and it is covered in mud? His response and I quote “Hmm, well 11 days is not to bad for everything you had done. I guess I could send your truck to the back and have someone rinse off some of that dirt.” I let him know my truck has NEVER been off road and I will NEVER do business with Ron Carter EVER again. I told him to tell you, Tony G, that I will buy my 2007 or 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition EL from another dealership if this is how he treats a repeat customer. NOT ONCE did he offer an apology. NOT ONCE did he say Mr. S let me make things right. NOT ONCE did he ask how to he could fix the problem.

Once I get home, I find trash from the plastic seat covers stuffed in my truck, the hood had to have been left off for days because the battery terminal are corroded, dust, debris and water marks are all over the top side on the engine, grease all over the steering wheel, missing washer to my bug deflector, and mud caked to the underside of my truck. I spent 2 hours of MY time just rinsing off the big stuff.

Again, this is not an attack against you Tony but you just lost a $45,995.00 sale because your service department is broken. Please share this information with as many people as possible. Review the enclosed pictures. This information has been forward via email and US postal mail to Alan Hall Vice President, Carl Mitchell General Manager, Ford Customer Care. I have purchased the domain name www.roncartersucks.com (website will be up very soon), a RonCarterSUCKS MySpace account has been set up, and I have posted my story on several Ford enthusiast websites too. I will also be submitting www.roncatersucks.com to all the major search engines, so when anyone does a web search www.roncartersucks.com will ALWAYS be listed in the top 5 results!

I will be sending Ron Cater a bill to cover having the outside, inside, and engine compartment detailed. I will also have both batteries inspected / tested for damage and if they are a bill will be sent to Ron Carter for that too. If timely payment is not received I will seek any and all legal avenues.

Sincerely,
Eric S

See less See more
#2 ·
Eric,looks like you went to Mcree for the new Expedition, I have several guys at work that have bought their trucks there,they all have good things to say about that dealer,good luck getting anywhere with Ron carter..

#4 ·
Sorry to here you bad luck on that repair. I ahve a bad story to, the short version. Truck dies on road, took two weeks to fix the problem literally. Alteast they rented me a truck....I called the 800 number, thats when I got the free rental truck, imagine that. Not all dealers are bad though for sure!!

#5 ·
that sucks....sorry for the inconvenience (though it sounds like they aren't sorry)

i'd really try to express to Ford's customer service (not Ron Carter as they obviously don't know what service is) what happened...i'd have to believe that being bothered by Ford's customer service would get more done at this point (though the website is a funny idea /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif )

i wouldn't take my truck back to the dealer i bought it from for many service reasons (refusal to warranty items specifically listed as covered being the biggest one-my truck died on my way home from the dealer with it, had a bad alternator and they would not replace it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )

#6 ·
I bet Mcree really likes that last pic with you wearing their shirt & Roncartersucks.com clearly visible in the pic LOL,maybe they can post this link on their website...

#7 ·
Uhm you forgot to mention the brake dust build up and residue on your wheels.

#8 ·
The complaints I have with Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda MD are equally as bad if not worse, but will spare you the long version.

On an even worse note...

My brother had his Mustang at the dealership for some warranty work (Century Ford in Rockville MD) and it was stolen off of the lot...BY ONE OF CENTURY'S EMPLOYEES! What made it even worse was...

A) Century never did a thing to try to make it up to him in any way, and...

B) My brother was summoned to testify in court, had to take a couple of days off work, and the A-Hole never even showed up for his court dates!

#9 ·
If I ever have a problem with anyone, I want you to write the letter for me!

i think you got your point across without being TOO over the top.

#10 ·
I finally received a phone call from Ron Carter today. A solution is pending. I will keep you posted on the outcome.
I want to sincerely thank everyone for their support, unsolicited emails, and phone calls. You really don’t know how much that meant to me and my family.
I promise to post the outcome here good or bad.
http://www.roncartersucks.com will also have the solution posted.
If you ever need help from me, please shoot me a PM!!

Thanks again!!

#11 ·
I'm thinking that some of the calls to RC from various states informing them that they now had a new web site, and that their phone #'s and names were floating around in cyber space had something to do with it also... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

RoReRi

#13 ·
I have given the manager(s) at Ron Carter Automotive Center in Alvin, TX more than ample time to respond to my concerns, problems, and my very simple solution to this issue. They have done nothing but cost me more time, loss of use of my vehicle, and money. I have provided them with a very simple and reasonable resolution but they keep refusing to address all my concerns in a professional and in a timely manner. They have tried to turn this in to a very lengthy legal process, they would like me to sign away ALL my First Amendment Rights, and deny any and all responsibility, which they have already admitted to. So, I have been left with absolutely no choice but to let as many people as humanly possible aware of how I was treated, ignored, and refused a viable solution to this issue.
This is a true injustice, whatever happened to customer service, and the damage has been done!
Don’t believe me, a stranger, check them out on the Better Business Bureau.
BBB.org
What does the Better Business Bureau say? “UNSATISFACTORY record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).” 09/26/2007. WOW, I am having the SAME problem!! Maybe, I should have looked there before I spent my hard earned money with Ron Carter Automotive Center in Alvin, TX.
Please do your homework before you spend your hard earned money.
I just want to let you know that my solution was NOT money driven or a free new truck.
Please visit http://www.roncartersucks.com

#14 ·
Ron carter sures spends enough money on advertising,you think they would spend a few bucks making a customer happy,Oh well at least the truth is getting out..

#16 ·
I think you are on to something here, you have done a great job with the letter, and the web site. If only more people would react the same way when they have been wronged.
Why not consider using your web site to report all dealerships good or bad, letting the consumer know who to patronize and better yet who not to buy from.... it had to kill the salesman to see you bought that Expedition from some one else. WAY TO GO!!!!
I will not buy my next vehicle there and will go to great lengths to spread the word.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.