Exhaust Back Pressure Line - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust Back Pressure Line

I just noticed that my exhaust back pressure tube is broken completely in two about one inch off of the block.

Obviously this will affect the EBPV operation, but will this cause any issue with the turbo as well, such as lower than optimal boost, fuel mileage?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM

My Photos: (0)
That probably depends on how much, if any, exhaust is leaking out of the broken pipe. If it's stopped up with soot, then it won't affect much except the operation of the EBPV. I disconnected my EBPV at the electrical connection and plugged the hole in the exhaust manifold with a stainless pipe plug. So far it seems to work fine.

1997 F350 CC DRW E4OD POS. electric fuel, DIY6637, Beans Stage I. 200k and counting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 08:56 PM

My Photos: (9)
Mine was rusted through when I bought the truck. The only reason I replaced the line was because I thought I needed it . If you live in a warm place then do as RD97 suggested. I like my EBPV because it works and I live in a cold climate. If you decide to keep it , the tube is only like 30 bucks from Ford . It is a bit of a PITA to install however.

95 E350 PSD HD Cargo , BB shim , E4OD , B&M Trans pan , 2 HD coolers , Cat sleeps with the fishes , MAG teck 3:55 D60FF, EBPV Delete , DP 60 Tow , Autometer 3 Guage pod
1977 F350 Dually Dump , 460 , 429 POLICE heads , 4:56 D70FF, Edelbrock Intake , Holley 850 , MSD IGN , Custom C-6 Trans , Dual Exh.
99 F250 XLT 7.3 DIT ,4R100 , CCSB , Rwd 3.73 , 10.5 limited slip , 5th Wheel & Class 4 hitch ....windows / Stuff / Factory Towing Mirrors / helper springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in