Fleetguard DCA4 or similar? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fleetguard DCA4 or similar?

Since my truck was sitting in the driveway for two years, right now, it is running better and getting rid of quirks. Right now, I need DCA4 bottle or similar. I went to two stores that I know for diesel parts that I can get. However, they went out of business or moved somewhere else. Image my surprise when I drove up and see that it is complete different businesses. So anyone know where to find DCA bottle in North Austin/Round Rock/Hutto/Taylor area?

I know that it is either Fleetguard DCA4 or Motorcraft Diesel Engine Cooling additive. I do not know another brand or name that is same as what I am currently looking for. Also, I know that I need coolant SCA test strips.

Bluenavigator

'95 F-350 XLT PSD, CC, 2WD, Garrett Turbo AR 1.1, 5spd ZF tranny, LUK, 4.10 Limited Slip, just added Dual Arm Tenisoner. Just added my ol' vacuum gauge to monitor my vacuum pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:01 PM

My Photos: (0)
This is where I got mine...

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

After many calls around the area, lot of them don't have them. A-Line Auto on Mays Street in Round Rock have them. Only need order the test strips. Will pick them tomorrow!

Longhorn International in Round Rock, they do have Fleetguard DCA4 bottles only. I recall that they do have another location on E 7th St in Austin, which they do have both. That was long time ago. I was not in mood to drive that far.

Should have one sticky note for all locations that we can find and buy them. Once I think that I saw strips at Love truck stop.

Bluenavigator

'95 F-350 XLT PSD, CC, 2WD, Garrett Turbo AR 1.1, 5spd ZF tranny, LUK, 4.10 Limited Slip, just added Dual Arm Tenisoner. Just added my ol' vacuum gauge to monitor my vacuum pump.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

After picking the test strips from the local shop, it turned out that it was expired already. Gotta take it back for refund.

Thanks JJEdwards for Amazon one, which I placed the order and got it today. Done test and it seems that it has too much DCA? It seems to be in "test" area. Is that bad?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sca_result.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	126372  

Bluenavigator

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:04 PM

My Photos: (0)
I've got to be honest, I don't know the answer to that question. When I tested mine i was in the pre-charge. Just to be safe I went ahead and did a coolant flush and filled with Rotella ELC since i didn't know what the previous owner had put in.

2000 7.3 PSD 4x4 Auto Trans., CC, short box 201,000 miles.
PHP Hydra, built 4R100, Deep Trans. Pan, Bilstein 5100's, Bilstein steering stabilizers, Auto Meter 3 gauge pod EGT, Trans. Temp & Boost, Rotella ELC and T6 oil,
Straight pipe exhaust (PO) but do respect my neighbors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 6637 (Donaldson) cool air intake mod, 20" Fuel wheels wrapped with 37" MT's
Security: Ravelco (for the pro's), Viper (for the rookies), The Club 1100 LX Series Steering Wheel Lock (visual deterrent).
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:35 PM

My Photos: (19)
I've always heard it was bad. IIRC, it will wear the pump due to something (???) coming out of solution. The Fleetgaurd info I've seen basically just says to wait until the level comes down on it's own. Tough call there, I guess. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4 (CA model), E4OD, 4.10 LS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW, 5 Speed, SBC Con-O,
, 3Ē DP, Bilsteins,
, Gutted EBPV
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

I do have extra coolant in my garage. Can drain some and put new one in. How many quarts does it hold? Think somewhere close to 30 qt.

Bluenavigator

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How high in the test area was your sample?

I really wouldn't worry about it. By the time that you drive the truck for a couple of months it may just be in the Service area. Your reading can also be off a ways depending on just where you pull the sample from.

In the Ford diesel truck supplement it says nothing about testing the solution. It just tells you to add one bottle of the supplement each year without testing.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

From the reading the chart, it looks like that it is around 3.8 in white test area. I draw the coolant from the prefoct (sp?) on the bottom of the radiator on driver's side. That's where it should be drawn from.

Bluenavigator

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 06:34 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You are just outside of the range.

I would run it for a month and then check it again and see where it is.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in