The Diesel Stop banner

General Questions New Diesel Owener

941 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WillyD 
#1 · (Edited)
General Questions New Diesel Owner

Just bought a 97 7.3l and it has an Energize Kelsey brake controller installed with two lighted toggle switches above it (one red and one yellow) . . . what do they do (previous owner did not install it and wasn't sure)? Also has a silver rheostat knob below the steering wheel that turns 5 clicks . . . function? And lastly there is a small clear button above the fuel tank selector switch that can be depressed and has a red light next to it . . . not sure what it does either. I know these are vague, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Pictures

Attachments

#3 ·
Welcome to the Diesel Stop!

Unfortunately, there's really no way to know what the switches an' things do. You're probably going to have to do some wire tracing and see where they go/what they control.

Looks like you've got a hand-shaker too!

~Al

#4 ·
Thought so, but figured I might as well ask. Yea, took about 2 years but finally found one. Seemed like the only way to go. Thanks for the response.

#5 ·
Look around and see if there were any lights up front.

The LED above the fuel tank switch could be a light to tell you that the glow plugs are on. But that is just a guess.

#6 ·
The 5 click knob is most likely a 5 setting chip that is linked to the PCM. Looks my old TS chip.
DENNY

#7 ·
Thanks

#8 ·
It used to have a visor on it that was removed. Not sure if it had clearance lights up top though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.