The Diesel Stop banner

HPOP reservoir gasket

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Calico5 
#1 ·
I am installing an E350 7.3 in my 97 F350. E350 was supposed to be a 97 also. Although, on the Eseries the bowl is molded to the hpop reservoir so I swapped them. I’m doing Efuel, no need for bowl. Should I keep the screened gasket or go to what I had originally which was without it? Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
I would bet that engine is a 99 or so. Does it have the fuel pump hole in the valley?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
IIRC, you CAN NOT install the screened gasket in a reservoir that didn't originally have it.

'96 through EARLY '99 used the no-screen seal. LATE '99 through '03 used the one WITH the screen.

There is a slight design difference in the reservoir, and you WILL damage it if you try to install the screened seal.

From "Swamp's" website:

COVER GASKET WITH SCREEN:
For use in Late 1999 – 2003 7.3L Powerstroke engines to seal the HPOP reservoir to the front cover. For use in Engine Serial Number 1039780 to end of production (7.3L/t444e). This gasket has the filter screen. Do not use on earlier models as severe damage will occur to your front cover.

~Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.