lost left bank - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lost left bank

when driving my 96 f-350 dually,my check engine light comes on and i loose the left bank , it just runs on the right bank, i checked for codes but no codes shown? the issue comes and goes? when running i pulled the wire conecters to the valve covers and it does not change how it runs? im new to the powerstroke....what next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)
First two guesses would be under valve cover wiring harness or harnesses shorted and/or melted together (that was my problem when mine failed in may of 2002, thread HERE). Barring that, IDM (Injector Driver Module) would be my next place to look.

Dave / Believer45

THANK YOU to all the heroes in our military and all the heroes at home who wait for their safe return. I am humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS
, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
thanks for the tip, we have been fighting it from Oregon to tucson AZ, runs great for a few hundred miles the have a few miles of trouble. i would mess with the wires to the valve covers and it would run good again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Yep, my money is on the valve cover gaskets and under valve cover wiring harnesses. Do a search, there are many threads concerning this.

If you need some good information on the repair send me an email at [email protected] with the email address you want me to use to reply and I will send you three attachments on the glow plug system for your use. The second will detail what is involved in the harness repairs and such, the other two are just in case you need the glow plug system information in the future.

Dave / Believer45

THANK YOU to all the heroes in our military and all the heroes at home who wait for their safe return. I am humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice.

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS
, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Vwmcgee, please pm me when you get the email and get the attachments open.

, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM

Got your email - good deal.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Dave / Believer45

, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in