The Diesel Stop banner

New to the PSD club...

867 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tunerguy 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 97 F250 CC 4x4 PSD. I don't know much about modding a PSD, but it came with a K&N air filter (with some sort of gauge on the airbox) and a Superchips programmer. Looks and drives like it was babied. Couple questions:

- How do you adjust for speedo error when adding larger tires?
- How durable is the stock front axle?
- Is it difficult to transplant a solid front axle?
- <font color="blue"> </font> Where can I get a good book on servicing this truck? <font color="black"> </font> I have never been very impressed with Haynes. Any suggestions?

I realize these are dangerous questions... once you start, it is difficult to stop!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome nm50!

First off check out these web sites: Joats and Steve Baz's tips and tricks, they are like bibles around here....

The F250 front in (Dana 50) is a direct swap with the F350 Dana 60, and others will chime in about service manuals but check out ebay, can probably find them the cheapest there, the front axle is pretty durable but sux to keep it aligned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#3 ·
nm50, pm me your address and i can mail you service manuals on cd.

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Just purchased a 97 F250 CC 4x4 PSD. I don't know much about modding a PSD, but it came with a K&N air filter (with some sort of gauge on the airbox) and a Superchips programmer. Looks and drives like it was babied. Couple questions:

- How do you adjust for speedo error when adding larger tires? <font color="blue">Baz's site will tell ya </font>
- How durable is the stock front axle? <font color="blue"> What he said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font>
- Is it difficult to transplant a solid front axle? <font color="blue">4 hours if ya have all the parts...new DS, Yoke,miss brackets. </font>
- <font color="blue"> </font> Where can I get a good book on servicing this truck? <font color="black"> </font> I have never been very impressed with Haynes. Any suggestions?

I realize these are dangerous questions... once you start, it is difficult to stop! <font color="blue"> You will never stop modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font>

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.