No ABS/Speed Sensor Ring in Rear??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No ABS/Speed Sensor Ring in Rear???

I just swapped a complete rear end from and 89 dually into my 97 dually. My speedometer and odometer didn't work when I went for a test drive, and of course, my E4OD wouldn't shift worth a crap either. After spending hours checking wires, swapping speed sensors, and cussing, I stuck my finger down in the sensor hole, and no speed sensor ring!! The teeth arent broken off, its just not there at all. So I guess the ring isn't required for proper spacing or anything? I have no idea why the ring was removed and neither does the previous owner. My question is, do I have any other options besides tearing it apart and putting a new abs/speed sensor ring on it? Is there gonna be a bunch of gear set up and crap if I try to do it myself, or am I better of just taking it to a shop? I still have the complete axle from my 97.

1997 Crew F350 4x4, Reman E4OD, Hughes Performance deep trans pan, 3.5 Rancho Lift, Ladder bars, Bilstein 5125's, Skyjacker steering sabilizer, 35" BFG A/T's, ATS Intercooler, AFE style intake, ATS .95 wastegated exhaust housing, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, 4.10 Limited Slip, Warn fender flares, Bully adjustable steps, American Racing wheels, Drilled front rotors, Warn manual hubs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 AM
AlH

I don't think the ring was used back in 89 so thats why it isn't there...Ford hadn't thought of it yet

96 F350 CrewCab BTS-E4OD 4.10 4x4 / Banks Git-Kit / 99-Intercooler / 00 FourWheelCamper Pop-up
2015 Transit T350HD 3.2D- totalled- replaced with 2018 Transit T350HD 3.5 GTDI
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

My other 89 ford has the ring. I think it was only used for the ABS in the earlier years and not the speedo. I'm thinking the previous owner must have had some gear work done, and just decided not to put the ring back in for some reason.....guess he didn't care if he had ABS or not.

1997 Crew F350 4x4, Reman E4OD, Hughes Performance deep trans pan, 3.5 Rancho Lift, Ladder bars, Bilstein 5125's, Skyjacker steering sabilizer, 35" BFG A/T's, ATS Intercooler, AFE style intake, ATS .95 wastegated exhaust housing, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, 4.10 Limited Slip, Warn fender flares, Bully adjustable steps, American Racing wheels, Drilled front rotors, Warn manual hubs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:32 PM

My Photos: (2)
I need to fix mine also. is there a write up on this anywhere?

2003 F350 crew cab 4x4 , 295's on 17's, performance MFG coolant filer, Blue spring, new HFCM, FICM, Batteries and Alt. SCT performance tune, 128k on engine 12/13. Stock everything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in