oil in coolant bottle - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil in coolant bottle

changed the oil the other day checking all the fluides and found engine oil in the coolant res. i changed the oil cooler o-rings not sure if that took care of it any other suggustions ????????????

2000 F250 Crew Cab short bed 4in lift 35 in tires TS 6 position chip Kale Thompson custom tunes Hypermax H2E quick spool 66mm. Fullforce stage3with oil mod big oil stealth stage 2, X monitor ,BTS tyranny with 6.0 cooler Fass fuel system on,its way 255000 miles and still going.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 10:38 PM

My Photos: (10)
Re: oil in coolant bottle

maybe flush ur coolin system out and keep an eye on it. if oil shows up again then start checkin things

95 f-250 444e e4od 4X4 ex cab long bed 3.55ls White Knight Reverse Lights, AIC, FORD seatcovers, AFE STAGE2 INTAKE, 3" downpipe 4" exhuast, EDGE Evolution 100hp setting, auto meter ultra lite pyro, tranny and boost gauges, .177bb in FPR, amsoil atf in transmission & tcase, amsoil syn gear lube in rear diff, bilstien shocks, fog lights, 1000cca batteries
************future mods*******************
intercooler, smaller turbo housing, window tinting
03 vw jetta tdi stock for now
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

what should i check then

2000 F250 Crew Cab short bed 4in lift 35 in tires TS 6 position chip Kale Thompson custom tunes Hypermax H2E quick spool 66mm. Fullforce stage3with oil mod big oil stealth stage 2, X monitor ,BTS tyranny with 6.0 cooler Fass fuel system on,its way 255000 miles and still going.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 11:24 PM

Garage

might want to check injector o rings

97 f 250 4x4 auto,isspro guages,bd downpipe,bd autolock,michelin xps traction tires,b&w turnoverball,ts chip-Thanks Renegade SLAPS MEMBER
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:32 AM

Ok dont panic yet, I had a simalar problem except I opened My coolant res and thick black sludge came out over the top. It is mostlikely your oil cooler. it is the most commen way to get oil in to the coolant, I put a whole new cooler in. injector oring although a posabilty ar less likely, You are more likley to get fuel in your coolant fron injector orings, so make sure it is oil we are talking about, a blown head gasket could also get oil in coolant but you will probably have a huge mess under the hood. after I changer my oil cooler I ran water and draind it , water and drained it, and so on it took me 2000-3000 miles to be running clear coolant again it is a big coolant sys so be patiant, you can also run water with some casscade dish washing soap through not too much to help clean out the coolant sys. so if you keep getting oil I would swith tha whole iol cooler out but give it time, my cooant is green and purty now !! good luck J

97 f-350 , CC,LB 4x4 e40d. kwick filter gutted cat, 10K, 1.10 turbo , 185K miles
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 10:08 AM

My Photos: (1)

It's probably left over oil from the cooler rings. Search the archives for Cascade dishwasher soap.

Seems that was the choice, I think because it's non foaming.

Dan

'01 F250 4x4 Crew Shorty, PM Rods, new PIS 160/30's, D66 compressor by Dieselsite/w 1.00 ex housing, EBPV delete, ITP Regulated fuel return, Ford AIS.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
changed the oil the other day checking all the fluides and found engine oil in the coolant res. i changed the oil cooler o-rings not sure if that took care of it any other suggustions ????????????

[/ QUOTE ]Usally it is the O-rings in the Housing that are the culprit.But I have been Burned a couple times on The Cooler bundle itself having a cracked solder joint on a Tube Thus still leaking oil into the coolant after a Oring job.A factory Exchange Re-man cooler is Ones best bet unless you have the Core Bundle Pressure checked while your doing the Orings.If the problem persists after flushing out the system this usally is whats wrong.I wouldnt be concerned about Inj O-rings They have nothing to do with Oil in coolant.Cracked Inj cups will Put Fuel in coolant or vice versa.

07,F-250 4X4 6.0 Torqshift, Lariat, Highline package, S/C LWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in