Oil leak after wreck - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil leak after wreck

Posting this for a friend. He has a 97 350 cc manual tranny. He is leaking a lot of oil. This all started when a dear jumped out in front of him. Should have hit the thing but human instinct took over and he put the truck on its side. Everything fixed exept this leak. Can some guys chime in and give us the most common areas to look for a leak. He is losing at least a quart per week. Thanks for the help.

White 1996 F350 CCLB PSD 4x4. GEMTOP "Outfitter" fender flares, visor, side steps, 33's, WARN hubs, Tru-cool 4739(no bypass), Tymar Intake, 3x4 DP, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust, 3 pod "A" pillar (Boost, EGT's, Tranny) International Badges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Re: Oil leak after wreck

engine oil, trans oil, or is it fuel?????

there is no cooler for the trans and the cooler for the engine is on the motor, no hoses or anything, have to crawl underneither and find out where it is coming from.

Diesel Rod

Formerly Diesel Rod.

A
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 295K miles, 90 LED's and 5" stacks, among other things....

A
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reg cab with 210K miles, Needs to go away. PM me.

SHORT HOOD. The ongoing "project" it aint pretty but its got a
425 air to air Cat motor
.....13 speed Eaton. Corvette Dash, 17 gauges, 8" black stacks, 63" flat top---> 36" sitting here waiting for paint. 1.305 Million Miles.

I don't know what I am doing, I just know I don't have time to do it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Sorry. Oil was not specific. It is engine oil.

White 1996 F350 CCLB PSD 4x4. GEMTOP "Outfitter" fender flares, visor, side steps, 33's, WARN hubs, Tru-cool 4739(no bypass), Tymar Intake, 3x4 DP, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust, 3 pod "A" pillar (Boost, EGT's, Tranny) International Badges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM

is it leaking on the ground or just disapearing????? check the coolant, might have a bad oil cooler. could have a cut O-ring on the injector and it is burning it off.

if its leaking on the ground could be a front/rear main, oil cooler, Valve cover gaskets, Dip stick on the side of the pan, could be the oil pan bolts.

I have come across oil leaks in all these places.

Diesel Rod

Formerly Diesel Rod.

A
with 295K miles, 90 LED's and 5" stacks, among other things....

A
Reg cab with 210K miles, Needs to go away. PM me.

SHORT HOOD. The ongoing "project" it aint pretty but its got a
425 air to air Cat motor
.....13 speed Eaton. Corvette Dash, 17 gauges, 8" black stacks, 63" flat top---> 36" sitting here waiting for paint. 1.305 Million Miles.

I don't know what I am doing, I just know I don't have time to do it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Thank you sir. Exactly what I need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in