Rear Window Regulator?? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 05:09 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyandtherman View Post
... you'll hear that they both are working...
What exactly do you hear? The motor spinning? Or just the click of the switch? Or something else? Are there relays or modules in the door or dash that click in response to the switches?
Quote:
...I'll hear a little movement, and then the window is operational...
Leave the door panel off, and try to watch the mechanism with a flashlight & inspection mirror so you can see what's happening when it DOES work, and what's not happening when it doesn't.

In any case: I've never seen one of these regulators go bad (other than by wreck or fire), so I don't think you need to replace it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
What exactly do you hear? The motor spinning? Or just the click of the switch? Or something else? Are there relays or modules in the door or dash that click in response to the switches?Leave the door panel off, and try to watch the mechanism with a flashlight & inspection mirror so you can see what's happening when it DOES work, and what's not happening when it doesn't.

In any case: I've never seen one of these regulators go bad (other than by wreck or fire), so I don't think you need to replace it.
Good morning Steve,

When it's not functioning, the noise we hear from either switch input is a clicking sound which I assumed meant that power was getting there. I'll get a better picture of what's happening when I take it apart again and study it. Whenever we take it apart, we can get it to work, albeit just for a day or so. Perhaps it needs some proper lubrication???

Andy

1995 F350 XLT Regency Conversion 4X4, 7.3L Powerstroke. 38" Nitto Mud Grapplers. 6" Suspension Lift, Front Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5125s, Sulastic Rear Shackle Kit, Superchips Programmer, Intake Kit, Down Pipe, Free Flowing Exhaust, Etc.

0-60 in 20 minutes flat!!!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

I picked up a spray can of the white lithium grease, as was suggested earlier in this thread. Is it possible a lube could really make the difference and could be the problem? Not being snarky at all, just hopeful. It's POURING rain here so I'll have to wait for the next day or so when it'll stop to try it... and thanks again to all for their input. It's sincerely appreciated!

1995 F350 XLT Regency Conversion 4X4, 7.3L Powerstroke. 38" Nitto Mud Grapplers. 6" Suspension Lift, Front Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5125s, Sulastic Rear Shackle Kit, Superchips Programmer, Intake Kit, Down Pipe, Free Flowing Exhaust, Etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
When it's not functioning, the noise we hear from either switch input is a clicking sound...
Does that mean the click comes from the switch? Or do you mean the click is coming from inside the door? Or from somewhere else???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Does that mean the click comes from the switch? Or do you mean the click is coming from inside the door? Or from somewhere else???
From inside the door.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

So I spoke with a longtime client/friend of mine who also is on this board. Don Lewis from Don's Automotive here in Austin, TX. He searched in vain for a replacement as well as called in a favor or 2 at the Ford dealer, but they too are coming up empty as it's been discontinued and they can't locate any. Don did have a great idea, however, and that was to go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market I made a few calls, and while I haven;t yet secured a new left rear power window regulator, I'm optimistic that it's a matter of time before I do. I'll keep you guys posted, and again, thanks for the help.

Andy

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 05:33 PM

Theres some listed on parts geek.
I see some on advance auto that say any position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
Theres some listed on parts geek.
I see some on advance auto that say any position.

I purchased them and they are front only, despite their description.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Ah, I see. I had read the reviews and some said they fit the rears...

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:30 PM

How about posting pics of the originals, and any replacements?

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

So, I got it finally figured out. The problem was with the window motor as it was a crappy Autozone type of rebuilt unit. We thought it was the regulator since every time we manipulated it and lubed it, the problem was temporarily solved... for a day or so. I replaced both rear motors with ACI motors from partsgeek

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/19...dow_motor.html.

It's interesting to note that these are all metal as opposed to plastic... even the gear on the outside...
Thanks again for all your help and hopefully this can be of some assistance to someone else here when they cross this bridge.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in