Replacing power door lock actuator - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacing power door lock actuator

Hi gang,
I have a "97" F350 Power Stroke. The power door lock actuator on the passenger side has gone bad.

Can anyone tell me how to get the darn thing out of the door? Also, where is the least expensive place to purchase a replacement actuator.
Thanks,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 PM

My Photos: (0)
Re: Replacing power door lock actuator

Edit:

Nevermind....sorry.

-Mike

2000 F350 7.3L PSD/4x4/6-Speed/Crew Cab/Long Box/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/100k miles

1995 F250 7.3L PSD/4x4/Automatic/Extended Cab/Long Box/4.10 LS Diff./
/
/
/250k miles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 PM

My Photos: (14)
Re: Replacing power door lock actuator

I bought the replacement actuator motor on eBay. With success. I did both rear doors (they went bad within a month of each other).

The motors are located at the very rear of the door, under the door lock mechanism. They are held in place by two or three rivets that you will need to drill out and replace with bolts.

These don't go out without a reason, I learned. Both my locks were pretty dry and very hard to operate. So I pulled them out too, cleaned them perfectly, lubricated and now I can lock/unlock the door with my pinky.

I'm sure somebody else will chime in here with more info and possibly a link.

Hope this helps.
Lou

1994.5 F350 5-sp 4WD CC LB 4.10, RanchHand bumpers, 35" BFG's;
VV 6.0L turbo, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, el. fuel system, open element intake, onboard air with
, SD Intercooler ... (+ 20 other mods)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in