The Diesel Stop banner

Schematics needed for a '1997 F350

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
Really need help? Bought a 1997 Ford F 350 Ambulance to make into a work shop. Kept draining battery so a friend of my took it upon himself to tear out the wires to prevent batteries that were draining from the back of the ambulance but screwed up everything. Located a diesel mechanic which I paid to straighten out the mess that my friend caused. The mechanic came over and finally figured out what wires he cut and got the truck to crank but not turn over. Think the wires to fuel pump are not connected. Now the mechanic hasn't come back after numerous calls and text. The truck ran before all this happened. Can anyone help me? Need schematic so I can get the truck back into where it came off the line without the ambulance put on.

#2 ·
The fuel pump on a 97 is mechanical and sits almost under the turbo.

When you turn the key on do you get any lights such as the wait to start, battery, and others?

I would check the fuses under the hood. If the vehicle is based on a pickup check fuse #22 and #9. If it is based on a van I would have no idea but would still check the fuses.

Also if you give your location we might be able to recommend someone that you can have look at it.

I'm also going to get a moderator to move this up to the 94-97 forums.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.