The Diesel Stop banner

Sensors

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rayroof10 
#1 ·
l need help l have a fuel leak on the back side of my fuel bowl there is a sensor just below the 2 fuel lines running from the high pressure pump to the fuel bowl. what is this sensor

#2 ·
You need to at least tell us what you’re working on. If it’s a 99-03 7.3, there is a water in fuel sensor back there. More commonly, it leaks from the drain on those models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
needing help. l have a 1995 f350 7.3 powerstroke, changed out the glow plug relay and started checking it with my light tester, checked the post thats from the battery and it lights up, jump over to other post and turn switch on still won,t light. what elso can be my problem

#7 ·
Just a reminder that a GPR should always be checked when the engine is cold.

#9 ·
Is the Wait-To-Start light coming on as it should? The PCM provides the ground on the control circuit to energize the relay. If you have a DVOM (even one of the free Harbor Freight units will work) you can check the relay using this:

To check the glowplug relay (GPR), measure the voltage drop across the GPR's large terminals. While the GPR is active (up to 1.5 to 2 minutes after the key is turned to Wait-to-Start) put your meter leads on the large terminals (one lead on one large terminal and the other lead on the other large terminal). The measures how much voltage is being "lost" across the relay. A reading of 0.3V or more indicates a bad relay. Also, check the relay’s control wires (smaller wires) disconnected from the relay for battery voltage at the Red/Light Green striped wire and ground at the Purple/Orange striped wire (check both when the key is turned to Wait-to-Start).

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.