single cab headliner - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow single cab headliner

Has anybody replaced their headliner in their truck? Mine is grungy and I need to get a new one do to a little mistake. Does anybody know what they run price wise?

1997 F250HD single cab long bed, 4x4, E40D w/shift kit, 4.10 gears, 3" dp to 4" stright pipe (no kitty or muffler)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, EBPV gutted, authentic tymar intake, Dana 50 TTB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Near future mods: (Adrenaline hpop, Stage 1 injectors, stainless steeel HPX, hypermax tapercore 7.3L intercooler, Electric fuel, and IDM mod)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)
I bought some grey vinyl for $15 or so that will fit on my extended cab, pulled the headliner that was falling down and removed the original material. You also need to remove all the foam that goes between. I did it with a metal scraper and much care, it takes a lot of time (few hours for my extended cab). Then use spray headliner adhesive. Do spray both the cardboard backing and the back side of the vinyl, I did not on most and the part that I did spray both stuck MUCH better. You do need to take your time installing to keep from getting bubbles or wrinkles. I stretched it across the backing and clamped it on the four corners with small spring clamps LIKE THESE. Glued it down and am now ready to trim out the holes (visors, interior lights, etc) and extra on the edges and reinstall. The only issue I have right now is at 6'6" I am rather enjoying the added headroom of no headliner.

Get a custom looking headliner for a lot less.

Dave / Believer45

THANK YOU to all the heroes in our military and all the heroes at home who wait for their safe return. I am humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice.

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS
, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:38 PM

I had my headliner (extended cab) re-done last year.

I pulled it out and put it back in myself.

Had a trim shop recover the headliner. Cost me $90.00 and looks great.

1996 F250 XLT, Auto, 2WD, Extended Cab. Long Bed, 4.10 Gears.
Stock Except Tymar Intake.
Sticker Price $29,353.00.
Build Date 12/95.
61,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer45 View Post
I bought some grey vinyl for $15 or so that will fit on my extended cab, pulled the headliner that was falling down and removed the original material. You also need to remove all the foam that goes between. I did it with a metal scraper and much care, it takes a lot of time (few hours for my extended cab). Then use spray headliner adhesive. Do spray both the cardboard backing and the back side of the vinyl, I did not on most and the part that I did spray both stuck MUCH better. You do need to take your time installing to keep from getting bubbles or wrinkles. I stretched it across the backing and clamped it on the four corners with small spring clamps LIKE THESE. Glued it down and am now ready to trim out the holes (visors, interior lights, etc) and extra on the edges and reinstall. The only issue I have right now is at 6'6" I am rather enjoying the added headroom of no headliner.

Get a custom looking headliner for a lot less.

Dave / Believer45
Quote:
Originally Posted by obs96psd View Post
I had my headliner (extended cab) re-done last year.

I pulled it out and put it back in myself.

Had a trim shop recover the headliner. Cost me $90.00 and looks great.
How did you take out the headliner from your EXTENDED CAB?

96 F250, PSD, XLT, SC, SB, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 142K.
DIY air intake and exhaust brake. Tymar Hypermax DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; Tymar HPX; GPR switch; upgraded headlight harness; Isspro gauges; 14.7K cOOn´s mod; shim FPR; tranny cooler; CCV mod.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Well, I have a hole in my headliner and was looking for a price of a new one, not how to redo one, but thanks for the ideas.

1997 F250HD single cab long bed, 4x4, E40D w/shift kit, 4.10 gears, 3" dp to 4" stright pipe (no kitty or muffler)
, EBPV gutted, authentic tymar intake, Dana 50 TTB
, Near future mods: (Adrenaline hpop, Stage 1 injectors, stainless steeel HPX, hypermax tapercore 7.3L intercooler, Electric fuel, and IDM mod)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in