what is the max tongue weight 97 f350 crew cab - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 03:26 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Haha I'm one of the ones that have been stupid enough to haul way passed the factory hitch ratings. For the past couple of years I have been hauling hay on my trailer (see sig) in the range of about 14,000 lbs with I'm guessing about at least 2k of tounge weight at any to given time (never using wieght dist) keeping in mind that the hitch that came on mine was rated for 500 tounge w/o wieght dist. and 1000 with. Also my boss and I have gone on several multi thousand mile trips with 2-3k tougne w/o wieght dist. on his stock dodge 2500 hitch with very bad roads in between... And believe me if any hitch were to fail I thought it'd be the dodge hitch (no bias haha) but we never have had any problems as of yet. Although I ended up getting the bumper in my sig so that I would avoid that dreaded nightmare ever happening. Check out their website Reunel Extreme Heavy Duty Bumpers they make great bumpers with the highest tow ratings I has able to find. Super down to earth people with very reasonable prices (ok commercial is over). Good luck though, I would just take it real easy and do everything you can to minimalize the strain on the hitch. Take backroads and remember that above all keep it clear and safe behind you, perhaps having a buddy tag along behind you? 'cheers!

1997 f350 cclb 4x4 mostly stock auto

SOLD 2/17/10: 2004.5 Dodge 2500 CC LB 4x4 6 speed manual 3.73 gears, smarty jr, great truck 235,000 miles.
SOLD 4/6/09: 1996 F350 CC LB 4x4 5 speed manual 3.55 gears. Done right with a DP tuner and other supporting mods 175k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, REUNEL makes one rated at 6,000 tongue weight and 20,000 trailer weight, highest I have seen. Someone DOES make a hitch that will easily handle this load. Thanks for the info Josh03

Dave / Believer45

THANK YOU to all the heroes in our military and all the heroes at home who wait for their safe return. I am humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS
, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in