Are you going to keep your truck until you run it into the ground? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you going to keep your truck until you run it into the ground?

I was just thinking back to when I first joined here in 98 under my old username. Man a lot has changed.

So those of us with the first gens are you happy with your truck to keepit for the long haul?

I know I am. I dont drive mine much anymore since My wife got a new car and I zip around in her old one most of the time.

My truck just turned 100k 3 years ago and Im only at 106k now. I love driving it just hate putting miles on it.

But man do I sure love it! I think I'll keep her forever!

What are your guys' plans.

Very late 97 F250 X-Cab 4x4: It was born as "stock as a rock" XL. What I have done.. loaded interior with 2001 XLT Super Duty 40-20-40 seats. Gutted a wrecked 96 f150 and stole all its interior power components and door panels. My Father made wood trim pieces for the dash and doors from Brazilian Cherry wood. 3 Gauge pillar with Isspro EGT, Tranny Temp, Boost Gauges. Diesel Performance Products Powershot 2000 Propane Injection. Ford Sloppily rebuilt tranny. New turbo because the o-rings where bad. Gotta love Ford mech...er Parts swappers.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Centerline Hellcat wheels with no centercaps. Superlift 4" lift, 285-75-16 Yokahama Geolander at + II's. Bullbar from some wrecked F-150. Stainless headache rack from some other F-150, and a Neat old Jeep.
Hey!! You told me to get a sig!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to 96P_Stroke4x4
Re: Are you going to keep your truck until you run it into the ground?

I'm at 185k now. I plan to run it into the ground then give it a complete frame up restoration... motor, body, and everything else. It's the first vehicle I've owned and I hope to keep it a long time.

Matt

301k,dana60,Swamps175/173s,Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP,CPR Fuel system,rear discs,
,Twildman 6-position chip
NRA Life Member
North-South Skirmish Association
"Gotta love the fresh smell of diesel and black powder in the morning!"

2012 VW Passat TDI
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:09 PM

My Photos: (3)

Hey, Dennis!!!

I *plan* on keeping my truck for several more years.... 'Course I thought that about the one that got hit by the Subaru & totalled out... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] I'd say I fall into the "I'm really happy with my truck" category. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I still owe 2 more years worth of payments on this truck.... I have to keep for several years after that; I hate car payments.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:12 PM

Hopefully I will continue to drive this truck for at least 8 more years. I would like a new vehicle when I retire. However if there is nothing decent out there, I will keep it. Maybe they will improve things in a few years. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.
Currently also have 2012 Dodge 4X4 with a Cummins engine.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:18 PM

Plan on it. But, after seeing 72PStrokes truck, if anything bad happens physically, knock on wood, I have an old 78 that could use some love and affection (and a PSD motor!!!). Otherwise, this truck is in for the long haul.

1996 F250 4x4 5sp shortbox, ats intercooler, DIY Tymar, 3" dp, Dual 5" stacks, South Bend Con-O clutch and SMFW. BDP Stage 1's up and running!!!

TS 6 pos. chip-High idle, Economy, Tow, Jody Tipton Hot (75 hp), Diesel Power Extreme, and TWildman's "Move it or lose it" Extreme

"A man can always stand a little bit more horsepower" - Chris Ledoux
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:18 PM

Yes, I intend to drive it into the ground, although the longer I own it the more I think the previous owners may have already done it for me. Have had to repair/replace quite a bit on it in the 14 months I've owned it, but at least I know what's not likely to break soon.

This truck is a lot like me: looks pretty good from a distance, still strong and can go all day, but if you get closer you see the dents & scars & general wear&tear. I kinda like it...and I own it.

Josh R

'96 F350 XLT CC 4x4 PSD auto LWB 4.10 open, white, open intake, Tymar HX, 3"DPP downpipe, 315 General A/T on factory Alcoas, F add-a-leaf, new alt x3, fuel pump x3, water pump x2, vac pump x 3, PS pump x3, SD starter x3, rebuilt seats, total poly bushing kit, serious noise reduction, new tan interior and vinyl floor, Bilsteins, Bean's Stage 1s, Tony Wildman 4-pos chip (wow), etc ad infinitum, newer black Lab in backseat, locally rebuilt tranny & new TC @ 211k, complete body 'makeover' and repaint @ 213k, new fast-spool turbo 7/11, 317k miles on 18 Oct '14; probably won't run forever but neither will I
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:20 PM

My Photos: (1)

Ill probably pass the tradition on and give my son my truck as his first like mt dad did for me (my 73) only thing is I gotta get a son first!
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Garage

love my 97 have 155,000 and love putting miles on it best vehicle i ever owned

97 f 250 4x4 auto,isspro guages,bd downpipe,bd autolock,michelin xps traction tires,b&w turnoverball,ts chip-Thanks Renegade SLAPS MEMBER
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill probably pass the tradition on and give my son my truck as his first like mt dad did for me (my 73) only thing is I gotta get a son first!

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 3 of'um [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. What say I send you the 15 year old. You feed him a few years and call him yours, them send him back with the truck. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Where did ya git them grab handles for the doors? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1997 F-350 Powerstroke Crew Cab 5-SPEED SRW 4x4
Lund Visor, Velvac Stainless Steel Mirrors, Ford AIC
1976 Jeep CJ-7
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:49 PM

My Photos: (1)

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I have just under 240,000 on the 'ol girl, and it seems like the higher the miles go, the better she runs. My 16 year old son is wanting the 'ol man to get a new truck, so he can have mine.........NOT YET!!!!!!!!!! Maybe later...........

"Cowboy Up Or Stay In The Truck"

Farm Truck = Cowboy Cadillac
95 F350 Extended Cab Dually Long Box, 2 Wheel Drive, No Muffler, DIY Tymar intake, Cali Shim Kit, HX Mod, Ford AIC, Reese/5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitches, Cobra CB/Dual 4' Valor Antennas On Diamondplate Toolbox, Pioneer Component CD System, Brake Controller, Cool-Down Timer

Toy Truck = Danger Ranger
1983 Ranger 4x4, 35 Super Swampers, Fresh 390 Big Block, Dana 44, Ford 9, Trailer Queen = Not Street Legal
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 11:59 PM

My Photos: (17)

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully I will continue to drive this truck for at least 8 more years. I would like a new vehicle when I retire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez...sounds alot like me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

I plan on keeping my truck well past retirement, and it would be real sweet if I never needed another! I still haven't hit the 100K yet, but will at some point this year, and I truly hope it gives me the longevity I'm looking for.
I drive my truck every day to work and back, and it pulls my travel trailer on all my vacation times just fine, and I doubt they will be making this old body style again, so there is no need to buy another!

So yes, I'm in for the long term!

Dale
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to keep your truck until you run it into the ground?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Kevin

94.5, PSD, F-250, 4x4, Handshaker,

post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 AM

My Photos: (11)
Send a message via AIM to PSDan000

this is my first vehicle, and will probably be my last. im going to keep it forever. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

-Dan

1997 F-350 PSD, Cali Truck, 165k, 4x4, Reg Cab, LB, 4.10's, Auto, Sandpiper Diesel Performance 4" Exhaust, DIY Open Intake, Autometer Gauges, TS 6 pos Chip...more to come.
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Nit

My Photos: (3)

I had planned on the 96 for a very long tiem, the blown motor soured that some but I love the 97, I really like the body style , even the buddy with the 99 wants to take mine every where ( faster ), if I have to again , new motor ( sombody hates me )

Sold to JCart , 1997 F250 FireTruck Red,CC SB,auto( Presicion TC, HD-2Tugger),5" exhaust, Swamp 140cc injectors, TWildman 4-pos chip,open air cleaner, I/C w Banks intake, ,AIC,dual electric fans,Sky mfg RSK w/ D60w/ARB locker,she's well taken care of now

2004 Dodge 3500 twin turbo 525hp rocket
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 04:50 AM
AlH

Ordered mine in July of 95, it showed up late October 95. Paid for, only 130k miles. Since a replacement would be about 45k or so it will be around a long time, very happy with it. Besides I already put a BTS in it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

96 F350 CrewCab BTS-E4OD 4.10 4x4 / Banks Git-Kit / 99-Intercooler / 00 FourWheelCamper Pop-up
2015 Transit T350HD 3.2D- totalled- replaced with 2018 Transit T350HD 3.5 GTDI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in