ZF5 question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ZF5 question

So I am looking to swap my 96 4x4 e40d to a zf5 soon as I have been having issues with my tranny and always preferred to shift anyway. I have been doing a lot of reading and from what Iíve read the S47 is the better of the two models but they are so hard to find. I do not do much towing at all, just mainly highway and city driving.... so I am wondering if there is really that much of a difference between the s42 and s47. I understand that 1st, 2nd, 3rd and R are higher in the s42. So my question is how will the earlier model s-42 to do with my 1996 powerstroke with 3.55 gears? Also was the s-47 available in 95 too??? Or just 96 and 97? Also if anyone is selling a parts truck or a s-47 trans alone i live in Florida so please let me know

Thanks,
Christian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in