'97 cali truck with '95 motor help - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'97 cali truck with '95 motor help

Hi, I am working on a 97 cali truck 4WD Auto that has a 95 engine transplant in it for a friend. The truck ran with the MME2 computer but had issues. I tried to re-pin the harness to work with a 97 TDE0 coded pcm which He had. I used the re-pin information i found on this site and was not sure if the removal of pin 24 and tying it into pin 91 pin applies since the truck is a 97 and I did not move that pin yet. The glow plugs cycle and the engine cranks but does not run. When cranking the engine the rpm gauge does not move. Any help would be Great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 10:53 PM

My Photos: (19)
Per another member who actually did a DPC312 to DPC 202 swap (Bill McIntire), you don't need to remove pin 24 and tie it into pin 91 (just leave pin 24 as is). When I originally gathered the information it was from EVTM to EVTM differences only and that part was always a question in my mind if it needed to be done. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4 (CA model), E4OD, 4.10 LS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW, 5 Speed, SBC Con-O,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3 DP, Bilsteins,
, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

97 cali truck with 95 motor help

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your response to the post. I am not sure why the truck won't start. The truck ran but not right, before the re-pin. I am going to double check the resin to make sure I followed the process right. I do not know if the TDE0 PCM is good or not. Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

'97 cali truck with '95 motor help

Hey Patrick, update on the re-pin, I had put the pin for the CPS in the wrong location and had not removed the power takeoff pin from harness. Truck fired up and runs Great now. I did not tie pin 24 to pin 91, as you said it seems not to be important. Thanks again for your Help!!!! Matt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:45 PM

My Photos: (19)
Excellent! Glad you got it going. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4 (CA model), E4OD, 4.10 LS,
, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW, 5 Speed, SBC Con-O,
, 3 DP, Bilsteins,
, Gutted EBPV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in