Double-DIN radio? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Double-DIN radio?

A friend sent me this - it looks like a well-made part (or kit?), but I don't have an Instagram or FB account, so I can't read everything:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/obsinteriors/about/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:40 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like it would be a nice kit but $300 for the trim and then what ever the radio cost you would really want that type of upgrade.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:08 PM

Does open up options.
Android head unit running torque.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

I e-mailed him and got some info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Is this just a single part, or a kit of several pieces to modify the dash for a larger radio? What is included, at what total price (shipped to 38060), and how long is the wait? Does the bezel come color-matched (mocha), or do I have to paint it? Is it hard plastic, or padded foam? What I'm really curious about is how much of the dash has to be cut away (because I have other plans in this vicinity), and how the radio will mount afterward (so I can choose a radio that will fit well). I'd also like to read the PDF instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBS Interiors
-the bezel itself is a molded piece of abs plastic

-they come color matched for a stock interior color

-a bezel alone costs $160 shipped

-a full kit includes a bezel, a new pad, a new trim piece that's below pad, template to make 2 radio holding brackets, and pdf file instructions that have pictures. I only send out the instructions once the order has been made.

What needs to be cut is the cross piece separating the radio hole and hvac hole. Then there's a metal bracket up under the top of radio hole that's gotta go. Then shave maybe 8th inch off the top pf radio hole and you're done

- price on that ful kit is $300 shipped

-i offer cores on pads and the long trim below it
$50 for a pad. $20 for the trim

There is a down payment of $100 if you order.

-there's no current website just a facebook page called obs interiors. Here's a link just in case you do have facebook

https://www.facebook.com/obsinteriors/

-the pads in the kit have been cut to size, stripped the original vinyl off and repaired any foam that's damaged, then they get wrapped in marine grade vinyl leather. I choose that type because marine grade is uv resistant and handles temps well.

-the trim piece gets a section removed and plastic welded back together

-since i am a 1 man operation with a normal job that's 50+ hours a week and a wife at home so i have home duties as well. This makes wait times kind of tough. Currently as of right now i have a ton of orders and the wait ETA is May.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in