Help with LJP1 pcm tuning - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with LJP1 pcm tuning

Hi I just joined up. I have a very unique powerstroke. It started life in 1997 as an unfinished E350 dually ambulance chassis. It then got an extended cab & a full aluminum service bed with aluminum service boxes on each side of the bed. It was built this way to be able to haul jet helicopter engines & still be light weight. I'll be using it for hauling my 5th wheel car trailer. So now yes it also has a 5th wheel hitch. The frame rails already had the factory mount holes. Maybe the only E350 with a 5th wheel hitch.

In the last few weeks I've relocated the batteries to the tool boxes, installed a 6637 air filter, removed the mechanical fuel pump, installed an electric fuel pump with dual filters which are in another box, built a 2 stage 8 gallon methanol/water injection system. Today replacing the water pump since it's dripping. Also later this week pulling the transmission for a rebuild/upgrade along with a Revmax TC. Also installed a Suburban back seat in the extended cab for our son.

I just pulled out the injectors this morning & sent them to Rosewood & want to upgrade the AB's to single shot 180/80's. I ordered the TS tuner & was told the TS does not support the LJP1 Super Duty E350 pcm. I wanted to send the chip to Tony Wildman for some nice tunes. So I really need to figure something out before they get to Rosewood.

What do I do now? Different tuner, different pcm? Anyone have any ideas? I can repin for a different pcm if necessary. I sent Tony an email about it also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As a follow up - Rosewood suggested that I contact Brian Jelich -proprietor of JeliBuilt Performance. He looked up the pcm & code. He says he can build tunes for but suggested the Hydra tuner & has been very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in