'1990 7.3L IDI Turbo fuel filter change won't start - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'1990 7.3L IDI Turbo fuel filter change won't start

I remove fuel filter to add sea breeze field fuel filter to the top with sea breeze lubed the Rubber seal installed the fuel filter hand tight turn down the motor it started up right away ran for a few hours when I try to turn it back on it would turn on for at least a couple of minutes then die I want a head and released Air from the housing of the fuel filter connection there was air coming out kind of scratching my head what else could be going on any help would help thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Just to start off, try some of the things in this article first, to rule major stuff out: What to do if no Diesel Fuel is coming out of the Schroeder Valve on a 6.9 / 7.3 IDI ? IDI Online

But assuming you had air in your fuel system up to the IP (you said you bled some air), then you might have air in the injector lines. Try this: How to Crack Injector Lines and Purge Air on a 6.9 / 7.3 IDI Diesel Engine ? IDI Online

Also, what is the voltage of your batteries with the key off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Does your truck still have the two piece fuel filter? It is possible that it wasn't tight enough, or otherwise leaking and allowed the filter to drain.

1993 F-350 crew cab non-turbo 5 speed transmission
35 years a mechanic on large stationary engines natural gas and diesel fired, and other industrial equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in