The Diesel Stop banner

1992 7.3 f250 codes 23, 29, and 63 and fluctuating spedometer

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
Hello all.
Im having issues with my f250. First i was having issues with the od light flashing intermittently and when i ran the code it said needed to replace the vss. So i did and reset the system. The same thing started happening again along with the speedometer fluxuating when i got over 50mph. So i ran the codes again and said there was a bad tps. So i replaced that and reset the system again. Now it's still doing the same thing and gives me the codes to replace the vss and tps, but this time it gave me code 63 which is either tp circuit fault or fuel injection pump lever sensor input is less than self test minimum. Any ideas or recommendations? Also the tans shifts hard when the od light flashes and im only getting about 150 miles per tank. Normally it was about 250 miles per tank.

#2 ·
No, codes do NOT identify parts to replace. They only indicate where to BEGIN diagnosis. But the TP/FIPL codes you're listing indicate you're not triggering the self-test properly. That's why they're outside the self-test range.
«1992 PCED OBDI said:
NOTE:
The throttle must be held to the floor, during Key-On-Engine-Off Self-Test until the codes have begun to issue...
As to the code whose definition mentions the VSS; click this & read the TSB in the caption:

(phone app link)

#4 ·
The TSB says the PSOM is known to fail; not the RABS. The RABS test connector location is describe in this or the NEXT few captions:

(phone app link)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.