Body and bumper - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Body and bumper

I understand this is not really a engine related issue, but I have a 1991 F350 XLT Lariat, bit the front body cap is from a 93, will this cause any issues with finding an aftermarket winch bumper that will fit? And does anyone know where I can find one? I can't find one for the life of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Accessories for trucks this old (mostly in the JYs) aren't popular enough any more to be mass-produced or -marketed. There never was much made for '87-91 F-series. I've never seen a winch bumper for them, and I look.

Given that your truck is even-more-unusual, you should just plan on a custom-fabricated bumper. It'll have to bolt to the old frame horns, but match the later body lines, so you'll never get one off-the-shelf.

This is one I designed & built that would fit an '80-91 frame:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

I sold it when I switched to a '92-96 body & frame, and built this one:

(phone app link)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Steve83; 01-05-2019 at 09:18 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Another thing to remember- when you bolt it up, make sure that the thing is bolted to frame in such a fashion as to limit "backwards tilt" in case of catastrophe. A friend smacked a deer in Dec at highway speed with his '96 F350. Had an Ali-Arc or Herd or some kind of dinosaur smasher. Guard did the trick on the deer, and on the front end as it must've sheared mount bolts and pivoted back into the hood and all. Helluva mess...

'94 1/2 F250 4x4, SuperCab XLT, 5 spd, SMF w/ Valaeo clutch, 4.10 (syn. lube), Cenex Maxtron 5W40 Syn, manual hubs, B&W Gooseneck hitch, Cooper ST Maxx tires in 235/85R16, authentic TYMAR intake, 4" AFE exhaust, FRP mod., SD starter, Isspro boost/pyro,digital thermometer, homebuilt exhaust brake, 194K Fresh factory injectors at 186K, TS-6 chip. Dana 60 conversion! "Its only a pickup. Trucks have a button on the shifter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in