Emergency Brake pedal Stuck ! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emergency Brake pedal Stuck !

Can anyone tell me or have any pics on how the emergency brake pedal is mounted under the dash on 1989 7.3 IDI f350? The cable under truck leading to rear was disoonnected years ago when frame was stretched 24 inches. The information to stretch was from this forum. I want to reconnect the emergency brake system but pedal under dash wont budge. Tried wd/40 and banging with hammer but havnt budged yet? all help greatly apprecdiated!

Last edited by Remote95; 08-03-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Not sure post is in right place. I have always posted in 7.3 IDI forum because these trucks I own are all 7.3 IDI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:32 PM

There are 2 11mm (7/16") nuts in the engine bay, and a bolt (maybe 10mm or 3/8") above the release handle. It's either very similar, or identical, to this:

(phone app link)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Update

Thank you for pic. I removed mine a couple of hours ago and found the
cable to be seized up being the problem. That cable as best as I can measure is 88 inches as it was used when the truck was a short wheel base. I stretched the truck frame 24 inches to put utiltiy body on it. I lost the hardware or bracket that the emergency brake cable
was hooked to and the spring. Do I need to get an emergency cable 112 inches long to reach the hardware bracket at the point it transitions to two cables, one for the left rear brake and one for the right rear brake.? And while Im asking , What are the length cables for the left and right rear brake drums? It is a duelly rear end>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Some trucks use a short intermediate cable between the front (pedal) cable and the equalizer/tension limiter. So you might be able to find that cable in a JY, and add it to yours. This is what the 1/2-ton stuff looks like:

(phone app link)

IDK if the 1-ton parts are different, but any parts store or parts web site should. Check RockAuto, Amazon, FordPartsGiant, TascaParts, O'Reilly, Advance...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in