Empty throttle - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Empty throttle

Hi I am new to all of this but I have a 93 f350 dually non turbo and a little history here I recently had my lift pump go out and I popped an electric one on for about a week to get me around until I could get the proper one the pressure was a little low which I know is not good for the ip from what I understand but I got the right one on and it worked great for a few days but now it's like the throttle is Empty it runs good for about 10 min of driving but then it just won't get out of its own way it idles great but has no balls at all takes about a minute to get up to 40 and won't go much past that I know I am getting good pressure from the lift pump it just shoots fuel out of the sherader valve when I press it at the filter and when I crack loose each injector oine they all seem about even any advice would be great I am thinking either ip or maybe return lines? What would it act like with bad return thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 06:44 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the Diesel Stop

Pushing the Schrader valve will verify fuel but it's not an accurate measure of pressure. Take the core out and hook up a pressure gauge, should be 4-6 PSI.

Inspect the fuel line from the frame rail to the lift pump. It may be twisted, kinked or possibly collapsing.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Fuel pressure is a steady 6 pounds and the line looks good from the tank up to the pump I pulled the sending unit and it is clear of any debris any more advice would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Also does the tank selector have any check valves where I shouldn't blow back thru the line or is that ok to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in