heater problems and it's -27F - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.9L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation heater problems and it's -27F

The ol heater seems to blow hot but it doesn't blow hard at all. Fan sounds like it's running fast and blowing hard but it's really not blowing much at all. I searched heater and ran through last 5 years of posts and found nothing

2004 CREW CAB PSD, no mods, 305/70/16R wrangler MTR.
1985 ford f-250 4x4 6.9l sc "the beast"
4" lift, 35" toyo mud terrain's, Ip turned up, stacks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM

My Photos: (0)
When i took my blower fan assembly out there was alot of junk in the little compartment that the fan went in. I don't know if that would be the problem.

1985 Ford F-250 w/ freshly rebuilt 6.9 diesel, reg. cab, 2WD, zf-5, 10.25 rear, short throw exhaust 2.5" down pipe to 5" to 7" tip, Banks non wastegated turbo, Isspro pyro, Isspro Tach., custom flatbed 9' long x 7 1/2' wide, 3g alternator, push button gp's, memphis audio sound w/ kenwood stereo and amp, Toredor Red and Cream white. Practically restored. 6500lbs
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 AM

My Photos: (14)
Mine also was full of leaves and sticks and junk. Open the hood, remove the fan, reach your hand in there and scoop out all the junk. it could be blocking incoming air.

1987 F250 XLT Lariat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regular Cab 2x4 6.9L 5-Speed

Homemade Propane Injection.

RUNS ON PURE WASTE MOTOR OIL!
No more diesel for me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 AM

My Photos: (39)
The heater-boxes on these trucks collect lots of leaves and other junk that can block airflow and has been known to start fires. After you take the fan out be sure to carefully reach around the corner and get all the junk away from the fan resister-pack, the pack has some sharp corners. I try to pull the fan for a clean-out every year after the leaves drop.

Red 86 F250 Supercab XLT: Longbed, 6.9l, 4 speed with DNE-2 Overdrive, 2WD, 10.25 Sterling 4:11, Reclining Highback Captains chairs with arm-rest, Holly Red pump, push-button glowplugs, Racor 645 water separator with fuel heater, K&N Air Filter, Headlight Relay Upgrade, Fog Lights, lots of extra lights, Isspro EV series: Pyro, Oil Pressure, and Voltage in a Autometer 3 pod A-pillar. Bulldog Security System with remote entry. Offset Mirror Upgrade, Remote lube TOB. Road Watch System coming soon. PB PS PW PDL CC AC IW
BOOB man - Brotherhood of Oil Burners

1995 Toyota Camry DX: 2.2L, Bolt-action 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC.
135,016 miles: Rear-ended and totaled by an uninsured kid having a temper-tantrum

1999 Rav4 AWD 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC, Sunroof.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 06:56 PM

ALSO!!!!! if some previous owner--thru things on top of the dash--and some fell down into the heater box--and then traveled, to the blend door--oh boy!!!!!! s the hinge pin, on that door,is plastic, and the vacuum can, has enough power to pull the door,,and break the hinge pin--and the cure??????? pull the dash back a bit--and pull the whole heater box assm, and replace the door!! got a 86 i aint fixed yet--as its a JOB!!!! or just get a whole diff heater box assm,and check the pin in it aint broke!!!!!!! as it seems,,LOTS of people, like to throw things of the top of the dash,,,,,,,smelled smoke,like sulphur in mine one day,,,,smoke out the vents,,seems bozo before me liked to smoke, and a book of matches fell down in there,and when the heater came on for the first time--the heat was hot enough, to light the matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they went out after a bit--and still have a melted spot on the outside firewall box!!! luckily it didnt start on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

94 f250 idi turbo sc e4od alum fac rims 149,289 --dana 60 frt with posi--10.25 rear w/posi--shouldnt get stuck!! ats turbo 3" parts on--what a diff from stock turbo!!!!!--- also 96 F250 with 305,000 is fixed!!-- 7.3 rattler-also 85 6.9-needs new engine!! tired!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 06:56 PM

i had a car burn one because of a mouse nest in the heater box, blower resistor lit it up

1978 F-350 XLT Super Cab 4X4, srw dana 60's, 17" ford superduty alloy wheels,Stake Body 6.9, finally ZF-5, 4.11 gears. 02 dodge Laramie seats,fact. 80's tach modded into ac vent in dash, push button G/P's Banks turbo set up ready to bolt on w/ 3' stainless full length exhaust, now to rebuild the heads
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

i've dropped alot of .22 caliber casings down there but i don't think it's the door. How do i pull the fan apart?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM

My Photos: (39)
If your lucky enough to have a truck with AC, it is simple. Open the hood, see the fan motor on the passenger-side of the firewall, pull the 4 screws an it slides out.
Non-AC are said to be different.

A little more information in your signature, is sometimes helpful.

Red 86 F250 Supercab XLT: Longbed, 6.9l, 4 speed with DNE-2 Overdrive, 2WD, 10.25 Sterling 4:11, Reclining Highback Captains chairs with arm-rest, Holly Red pump, push-button glowplugs, Racor 645 water separator with fuel heater, K&N Air Filter, Headlight Relay Upgrade, Fog Lights, lots of extra lights, Isspro EV series: Pyro, Oil Pressure, and Voltage in a Autometer 3 pod A-pillar. Bulldog Security System with remote entry. Offset Mirror Upgrade, Remote lube TOB. Road Watch System coming soon. PB PS PW PDL CC AC IW
BOOB man - Brotherhood of Oil Burners

1995 Toyota Camry DX: 2.2L, Bolt-action 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC.
135,016 miles: Rear-ended and totaled by an uninsured kid having a temper-tantrum

1999 Rav4 AWD 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC, Sunroof.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

i've got ac

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in