Getting a title for a trailer in Missouri - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Towing and Hauling Towing and hauling with Ford diesel trucks and vans.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Getting a title for a trailer in Missouri

Yes, it will need to be inspected by the Patrol to get a DRX number, so you can title/license it. That may turn out to be the easiest route for you anyway!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

President and Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

That is the plan. It will be a couple months before I am ready to inspect it. Work on it during a weekend here and there, look for and buy the nessary parts to make it road worhty.

Teamroper60: I am assuming I have to take it to my nearest Troop HQ, and possibly call ahead of time. I think we have a sort of substation here in St. Clair, there is always a couple patrol cars at some sort of State Garage just outside of town. But I doubt they would do it there. (It would be nice though!)

2000 F-250 4x4 CC SuperDuty Auto tranny w/BullyDog shift kit, Isspro tranny temp guage installed on right of steering wheel below inst. panel.
10K mod, 3.5" Glasspack
165,000 mi.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 PM

I don't think they do it there, but to be sure, call the Troop C HQ. They can tell you for sure and, if they don't do it there, they can tell you when/how to get it done...

Good luck!!

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

President and Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all very much for you help and suggestions.

2000 F-250 4x4 CC SuperDuty Auto tranny w/BullyDog shift kit, Isspro tranny temp guage installed on right of steering wheel below inst. panel.
10K mod, 3.5" Glasspack
165,000 mi.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM

you can get it inspected at Kohrs Truck & Auto Repair in Ofallon they are the only place around I could find that has Trailer inspection tags, their off the north service road. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

F350 Red PSD Auto SC/LB SRW 4x4 Tymar Intake 4"Dual Exhaust DI 6 position twisty knob BTS 4R100 Vegistroke V3
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Swellmel, But I won't be able to go to an inspection station because the trailer is 16' long. I have to go to Highway Patrol for trailers 16' or longer.

10K mod, 3.5" Glasspack
165,000 mi.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Sent you a message Teamroper60. Here is a pic of one I just bough. Details in the message.

Anyone give me an idea if they think this is homemade or manufactured?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stocktrailer.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	125029  

Last edited by pcdreams; 08-01-2018 at 02:58 PM.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:46 AM

It is worth the money's to have breaks on both axles you never know when you will have to haul a heavy load. If you ever have a rear tire blow those trailr breaks can save you. I had a new one blown and my traier breaks saved me and the whole family from a bad wreck.

2002 f250 7.3 4x4 256,000miles. Bone stock other than hutch mode and edge evo programer I use for gadges most of the time. I also have air bags on back for towing.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:19 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdreams View Post
Sent you a message Teamroper60. Here is a pic of one I just bough. Details in the message.
I don't know if teamroper60 is even still around. His last post was 3 years ago and this is a 12 year old thread.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:57 PM

Thank you Bugman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Towing and Hauling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in