LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshjr View Post
I am really surprised at the lack of info about DEF Delete and tuning. The old web site and early dieslestop used to have gads of info.
MY new rig is a 450 Cab chassis (84CA) Crew, with a custom aluminum bed, and 2 1/2" lift and 41" super single beadlocks.
re geared to 488, really would like to unlock the capability and MPG in this rig.

Part of your issues will be related to the Cab Chassis style. I don't recall specifically but those trucks aren't on the "list" to get tuning support for deletes. Had you bought a standard pick-up F450 you would have your choice of tuning.

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 AM

My Photos: (3)
That is one sweet rig! What is it's purpose? That Alum bed is amazing! I would love some more pictures from different angles!

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

'73 Bronco 351 SEFI, 35's & Locked!
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:21 PM

My Photos: (0)
Don’t do it is my opinion after putting several thousand miles on mine. The drone sucks and it smells bad inside the cab when a passenger comes in. Not worth the gas savings and the program tube I use is not consistent with the gears shifting. Plus if you ever go to trade it in they usually give you a problem with a full delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:57 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETLEO View Post
Plus if you ever go to trade it in they usually give you a problem with a full delete.

That is because it is ILLEGAL to sell an "on highway"vehicle that has had the emissions devices tampered with or deleted which carries a heavy fine. Theoretically trading in a vehicle is a transaction that also is considered a "sale" meaning you could also face the same heavy fines as well in such a transaction. There are some individuals that hold on to the removed equipment for reinstallation as needed. Depending on how far you go with deleting any or all of the emissions and aftertreatment components it could cost in the neighborhood of $6000 just for the parts alone to restore the vehicle to stock/legal condition.

The tangled webs we weave when we practice to delete.
Phillippeterson likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 10-28-2018 at 10:34 AM.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:31 PM

My Photos: (0)
You are correct sir. I cannot be more ashamed for my delete than I already am. It was a huge mistake and I would convince others not to do it. I’m glad I have all my original equipment and I will soon be installing it back. Sounds cool and that’s it !!!
Phillippeterson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 and up 6.7L Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in