2017 Super Duty Code: P1635 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017 Super Duty Code: P1635

I have a 2017 that I put a 2.5" lift on with 35x12.50R20's on and this code is now pulling. I know its saying the axel and tire is out of calibration which I would think is an easy fix but the Ford dealers are telling me that they can fix this issue. This has to be complete BS because even the dealers are lifting this trucks and selling them. There is no way they are selling them with the check engine lights on so any thoughts on how to get this addressed? Just keep going to different dealers? Located in Scottsdale AZ.

2001 F-250 Lariat, Super Crew, Short box, 7.3L, 4X4, 4R100 Trans, 4.10 gears with limited slip, 3.5 Fabtech Suspension leveling kit, 35 12.50 20 Nitto's, 20 Fuel wheels, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, ceramic coated bellowed up-pipes, GPR LED, Dieselsite.com EBV+, Turbo Master mechanical wastegate controller, Ford Severe Duty AIS w/ foam fender sleeve, Diesel Site Boots, AIH delete with a Riff Raff Diesel plug, and a DP-Tuner F6, pre-pump fuel filter setup, coolant filter and bypass setup, trans filter, fuel pre pump filter, HPX line and some other small crap I cant recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:25 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Your dealer is correct. Once upon a time we could reconfigure the appropriate modules to reflect the tire size by calculating "revolutions per mile" and even then there were limits. Now, all we can do is choose from a list of available tire sizes presented which include only the available production tire and wheel sizes for that model. I will only add that I have not looked into this for quite a while so I am assuming this is still the case. If I get the opportunity to check in the short tem I will do so. I understand that there are aftermarket solutions for this concern...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 03-01-2019 at 11:17 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Check with Rodeo Ford in Goodyear. They had a lifted F350 with at least 35" tires. I wasn't interested in a lifted truck, but was curious how they could sell a truck configured like that given that everything is tied to computer programming. They said that they reprogram the computers and all works as it should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

took it to another dealer and found a service writer who got it. He took care of it in less than an hour.

2001 F-250 Lariat, Super Crew, Short box, 7.3L, 4X4, 4R100 Trans, 4.10 gears with limited slip, 3.5 Fabtech Suspension leveling kit, 35 12.50 20 Nitto's, 20 Fuel wheels, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, ceramic coated bellowed up-pipes, GPR LED, Dieselsite.com EBV+, Turbo Master mechanical wastegate controller, Ford Severe Duty AIS w/ foam fender sleeve, Diesel Site Boots, AIH delete with a Riff Raff Diesel plug, and a DP-Tuner F6, pre-pump fuel filter setup, coolant filter and bypass setup, trans filter, fuel pre pump filter, HPX line and some other small crap I cant recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 and up 6.7L Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in