Joined the club today!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Joined the club today!!

After 10 years in the Ram group, I finally made my way back to the Ford club today. I purchased a 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch just a couple of hours ago. I am excited and already love it. I will be calling to set up appointments in the next couple of days to get the Line-X and Retrax Pro MX bed cover installed. Beyond that I also will be ordering the BD5 AIR-RIDE 5TH WHEEL HITCH tomorrow. I tow a 43' Mobile Suites Atlanta that weighs 24,000 lbs.

Once I get this stuff done, I can start to think about some other mods and utilizing the up fitter switches. Just on the drive home from the dealer, I decided that the adaptive cruise control is a winner.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	127514  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0722.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	127516  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:36 AM

Congratulations! I'm glad that you love your new truck.

2001 F350 XLT 4X4 crew cab, dual rear wheels, long bed, black, 7.3l turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 4.10, shift on the fly, running boards, sliding rear window, 38 gal fuel tank, Odyssey extreme 65-PC1750T batteries, Michelin LTX-MS2 rear tires, Sumitomo Encounter front tires, Shell Rotella Ultra elc, 11,500 gvwr, 20,000 gcwr, 7500 gvw, completely stock, 114,000 miles when purchased, now has 250,000 miles, repairs so far: two starters, batteries, cps, brakes, tires, alternator, ball joints, locking hub, wheel hub, AC compressor, serpentine belt, power steering pump, driver's side window, ignition switch, o-ring, Spectra premium radiator, water pump, fan clutch, fan blades, thermostat, thermostat housing, tensioner. Stolen twice so far, but recovered both times with major damage.

2005 Nomad Rampage toyhauler made by Skyline. 11,500lb gvwr.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:11 AM

My Photos: (3)
Congrats Joe! Beautiful truck!!

Once you get some seat time, I am sure we'd love to hear some comparisons to your last Ram. Many folks cruise these forums when trying to decide what to buy since the big three are such a tight race these days.

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

'73 Bronco 351 SEFI, 35's & Locked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_man View Post
Congrats Joe! Beautiful truck!!

Once you get some seat time, I am sure we'd love to hear some comparisons to your last Ram. Many folks cruise these forums when trying to decide what to buy since the big three are such a tight race these days.
Will do. I liked my Ram, but so far I love my 450. I really like the electronics such as the adaptive cruise. The radio is somewhat mystifying. I like the CarPlay feature, but get confused as to whether I'm using Maps, the GPS on the truck, or Waze on the screen. I definitely need more seat time behind the wheel to get it sorted out.

Joe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:33 PM

Nice truck. Before you tow your trailer you need to put some miles on it. I think its 1,000 miles. It's for the rear end not the motor.The gear set needs to go through a few heat cycles for some reason. You will absolutely love the power of the 6.7
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroking it View Post
Nice truck. Before you tow your trailer you need to put some miles on it. I think its 1,000 miles. It's for the rear end not the motor.The gear set needs to go through a few heat cycles for some reason. You will absolutely love the power of the 6.7
I don't think that will be a problem. I've had it for 3 days now and have almost 600 miles already.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 and up 6.7L Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in