Isuzu NPR suction control valve - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Isuzu NPR suction control valve

Hi all! New member here looking for some help.
I've got a 2006 GMC W4500 (Isuzu NPR) that has developed the infamous p0087 and p0093 diagnostic codes.
p0087: Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low
p0093: Fuel System Leak Detected Large Leak
These codes are only triggered under high load such as when going up a hill at 65mph. The truck goes into limp mode when these codes are triggered and has to be power cycled for it to run right again.
This first started about 2 weeks after I changed the fuel filter and so my first thought was I over/undertightened the filter but I bypassed the filter and the codes were still triggered. Some online say to change the suction control valve so that's what I did. However when I put the new SCV in it ran very rough so I put the old SCV back in and it ran smooth (codes are still thrown under load though). Both the new SCV and the old upon taking it back out for inspection have had their inner seal trashed by the place they mate to. In my picture there should be a seal where my finger is pointing to. Does anyone have experience with these?
Sidenote: I ordered a SCV for a Vauxhall Astra or something because it's the same part but cheaper.
GM part#: 98043686
Isuzu part#: 8-98043-686-0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isuzu_GMC_box_truck_suction_control_valve.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	540.8 KB
ID:	109994  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:00 PM

Did you ever get this resolved. I am having the same trouble but with a dead accelerator in the middle of a highway.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

I did, though not cheaply. Going off memory: the closest dealer changed the #1 fuel injector, SCV, fuel rail pressure sensor (can't remember for sure on this) and the sedimenter/seperator filter. I'm not entirely sure all this was necessary but they certainly fixed the problem. They did say to only use Geniune Isuzu sedimenter filters as they said aftermarket (I put a WIX on previously) "flow too well". I was skeptical of this but out of fear of another problem I've done just that and not had any issues since. I do remember in my research that many people had trouble directly after changing their filter so perhaps there is truth in this. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the help with this. I ended up changing the SCV (Suction Control Valve) and Pigtail leading up to it. Dead pedal issue / no accelerator / loss of accelerator / no throttle response in my 2006 Isuzu NPR-HD has been resolved. Sorry for all the keywords, but I figured I'd write back this way so that it would help others with the same problem since there is absolutely no info on this on the web.

SOLVED: ISUZU NPR HD - Loss of throttle response / dead accelerator / no throttle / dead pedal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in