T444E dies when going on closed loop - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gwtx Send a message via Yahoo to gwtx
T444E dies when going on closed loop

The title pretty much says what I think is happening. The truck has been running ok. It is a dump truck I borrowed from a friend.(should have known better). I ran it every day for a week or so, but it has been sitting for 3 or 4 weeks, BUT, I have been cranking it every 3 or 4 days with no problem. Until 3 days ago. It started up fine, I was running it at fast idle to build air pressure(there's a leak on the tank somewhere). As soon as the "engine warning light" goes off it starts running very rough, and dies, unless I rev it up to 1800 rpm or so. The "engine warning light" comes on when the key is turned on, and I am assuming when it goes off, the engine computer is going into closed loop control. It can be restarted and the same thing happens again. I can keep it running but it blows black smoke when it is running rough. I have driven it up to 30 mph, but when I slow back down, it tries to die, and does sometime. I'm not a diesel expert by any means. I have diesels tractors, but only one is new enough to have computer systems. I need to get the truck fixed before my friend needs it back. I HATE borrowing stuff. Would appreciate ANY ideas/suggestions. Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in